Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ohio State is at it again.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ohio State is at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Not saying it's not a great school, or a great town.

What I'm saying is, this kid was born and raised in SoCal. He's listed UCLA and USC as the two schools that are his favorites for about 2 years now. I just think it's a little fishy that all of a sudden he declares OSU as his favorite. He's never even mentioned being interested in OSU before. If that doesn't seem odd to you, that's fine, but I've followed recruiting in a lot of sports and it doesn't seem normal to me that someone that has listed 2 schools as his favorites for years and no others suddenly changes his mind and lists a new favorite, especially one thousands of miles from home.
    OJ Mayo was born and raised in southwest Ohio/W. Va/KY and randomly decided to go to USC which really is not a basketball powerhouse. He cited Tim Floyd and wanting to get away from home as his reasons.

He might have suddenly changed his mind because OSU has suddenly become a top caliber basketball school. Two years ago I don't think any OSU basketball fan would have thought we would appear in the National Title game. Also, I'm not 100% sure but I don't think we had any of the Oden/Conley/Cook crew committed then either. A lot can change in 2 yrs in the recruiting game and a school that was on probation because of the previous coach can come out, get a few recruits, and suddenly become a national power.

I wish people would just give it a rest until something is actually proven about one of our current coaches. People just like to bash OSU because of their success and a lot of the fans cockiness. Thad has run a perfectly clean program in his 3 yrs in Columbus and is by all accounts a great recruiter and a great person.
    Last edited by Caseyfan21; 07-24-2007 at 03:38 PM.

Turn Off Ads?