Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Dunn is #225 with 225 career home runs...

Re: Adam Dunn is #225 with 225 career home runs...

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    Dunn walks more than he hits with RISP thats great production. Dunn leaves so many RBIS on the field that other options would get in on a regular basis.
    So it's Dunn's fault he gets no protection?
    Most Vottomatic Player

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    So it's Dunn's fault he gets no protection?
    I would listen to the no protection arguement if he didnt strike out so much and the batters after him in the lineup were worse with RISP than him. Whats to be afraid of if a guy strikes out 33% of the time with RISP anyways.

Batting 3rd his numbers are actually much worse anyways.

Dunn leaves so many RBIS on the field that other options would get in on a regular basis.
    I would like to see some data to support that claim. I would bet Dunn's ratio of RBI to runners left in scoring position is very good.

Since he gets himself in scoring position so often, it would be interesting to see how often he is driven in percentage-wise. How often is he "left on the field".

Dunn walks more than he hits with RISP thats great production. Dunn leaves so many RBIS on the field that other options would get in on a regular basis. I dont think Dunn is bad but you ask me 13 million in the off season or not having 13 million id much rather have the 13 million. I simply feel that Dunns production is replaceable. You also forget to mention that Dunn by getting out more with RISP also lowers the amount of runs the reds can actually score. There is more to scoring runs than just the totals at the end of year.

I would be really interested to hear how you think Dunn's production can be easily replaced. Also, what F.A. pitchers are going to be worth bloated contracts this offseason?

If there are easy answers to those questions than I must be looking at all the wrong available info.

Guys who hit well only when there are RISP are pissing away the vast majority of their at-bats. They also aren't creating RISP opportunities for their teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I would like to see some data to support that claim. I would bet Dunn's ratio of RBI to runners left in scoring position is very good.

Since he gets himself in scoring position so often, it would be interesting to see how often he is driven in percentage-wise. How often is he "left on the field".

Dude, don't you know everything in baseball revolves around RISP? Frankly, I'm suprised runs that come from out of scoring position are even tallied. They seem like such a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Guys who hit well only when there are RISP are pissing away the vast majority of their at-bats. They also aren't creating RISP opportunities for their teammates.
    You do know we are talking about dunn here right? We arent talking about a leadoff guy whos job is to get on base. We are talking about Adam Dunn whos job is to hit with guys on base not get bases empty doubles while striking out when there are guys on base to drive in.

I could give a **** less if Dunn batted .000 with no one on base if he batted .500 with people on base.

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232 View Post
    Dude, don't you know everything in baseball revolves around RISP? Frankly, I'm suprised runs that come from out of scoring position are even tallied. They seem like such a waste of time.
    Sarcasm overload. You are right getting those guys from 2nd on a more consitant basis is less important than hoping for a 2 run homer or a gap shot and hoping that Phillips or Freel are standing on 1st to score.

You do know we are talking about dunn here right? We arent talking about a leadoff guy whos job is to get on base. We are talking about Adam Dunn whos job is to hit with guys on base not get bases empty doubles while striking out when there are guys on base to drive in.

I could give a **** less if Dunn batted .000 with no one on base if he batted .500 with people on base.
    Do you know Dunn is 7th in the NL in RBI? What are your expectaions for Dunn? A-Rod type numbers? By your arguments, you would think Dunn would have like 30 RBI or something? Maybe you need to adjust your expectations for the man.

The out scoring how many runs our pitching gives up hasnt worked ever, and im pretty sure its never worked for any other team either.
    I'm pretty sure that is how it has worked for every team in the history of baseball.

If you score more runs than you allow then you win.

I would listen to the no protection arguement if he didnt strike out so much
    If he had good protection he'd get better pitches to hit and strike out less.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Sarcasm overload. You are right getting those guys from 2nd on a more consitant basis is less important than hoping for a 2 run homer or a gap shot and hoping that Phillips or Freel are standing on 1st to score.
    What I think is important is producing runs. Which Dunn does, in boatloads for this team. What you think is important is a stat that may or may not even present itself in a given game. You tell me what is more logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232 View Post
    Do you know Dunn is 7th in the NL in RBI? What are your expectaions for Dunn? A-Rod type numbers? By your arguments, you would think Dunn would have like 30 RBI or something? Maybe you need to adjust your expectations for the man.
    Im not talking about my expectations im talking about 13 million dollars being better spent elsewhere than a guy that relies on the home run so much. Its not like the reds are starved for runs as it is. The runs just arent going to disappear. They will still be on base and with someone that acutally hits with RISP we will not be so needy of that 2 run blast every night. For anyone misunderstanding me i want this team to score runs every night not 15 one night and 2 the next. consistency is lacking out of this team. Dunn is just the easiest option for this team to improve. Not because he wouldnt be in the lineup but because the money can help improve our weakness. Look at the numbers last year Adam Dunn had just as many at bats as league leaders in RBIs and he was 24th.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    If he had good protection he'd get better pitches to hit and strike out less.
    You cant have it both ways here man. Good protection would mean he walks more, its not the case with good protection he actually strikes out more.

Actually, like every other hitter in the history of the live ball era, Dunn's job is to get on base and slug. He does both, and does both well. Why you fault the man for creating his own rallies when no one is on base and not making outs when they are is a mystery to me.

Turn Off Ads?