Turn Off Ads?

Thread: today from BP

today from BP

The Reds find themselves in the same place they were at the start of the month, sitting on commodities that they think are more valuable than everyone else does. I'm not saying they're right or wrong, but the idea that this is a pure seller's market isn't true. There's a very limited group of teams that need Ken Griffey, Jr. and none of those--save the Cubs--are on his list of places he'd go. Adam Dunn is willing to go anywhere, knowing he'll cash in on the free agent market if he's dealt, but thus far, no one has met Krivsky's price; given what I'm hearing, I don't think that price is coming down. The Reds have spurned any feelers on David Weathers, and are trying to push Todd Coffey instead.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    uoduck1017

Re: today from BP

I find it very hard to believe a team that is doing as bad as the Reds would keep a David Weathers and look to trade a Todd Coffey. Weathers might have one more good year in him, but that's probably it. Coffey on the other hand could help many years down the road if he gets things turned around.

What makes you think coffey is ever going to be any good? Hes sucked every outing this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    What makes you think coffey is ever going to be any good? Hes sucked every outing this year.
    Not every outing just the ones where he was asked to hold a lead.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

uoduck1017

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    Maybe he is just having a bad year. Maybe he is injured. The point I was trying to make was David Weathers is really not the future of the team. A team that is rebuilding trades away the older guys and lets the younger guys play. If Coffey continues to struggle, though, he probably doesn't have much of a future either.

Quote Originally Posted by uoduck1017 View Post
    Maybe he is just having a bad year. Maybe he is injured. The point I was trying to make was David Weathers is really not the future of the team. A team that is rebuilding trades away the older guys and lets the younger guys play. If Coffey continues to struggle, though, he probably doesn't have much of a future either.
    If he was injured would he be running out to the mound every time? Seriously. Lets sprint out to the mound as a 280 pound guy while the 1st batter i face hits .450 off me. I SEE NO CORRELATION BETWEEN THE TWO.

Neither guy is a future part of this team.
    Last edited by Heath; 07-30-2007 at 10:39 AM. Reason: inappropriate language -

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Not every outing just the ones where he was asked to hold a lead.
    For some reason our managers keep putting him out there when there is a lead. Same with Stanton. Id rather lose every game with a bullpen filled full of rookies than a bullpen full of fat asses that cant get anyone out.

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    The Reds have spurned any feelers on David Weathers, and are trying to push Todd Coffey instead.
    I'd like to be a fly on the wall for THAT conversation...

Kriv: Well Weathers is off limits but let me tell ya about Coffey.

Other GM: I'm listening..

Kriv: Coffey is a great pitcher.

Other GM: Great!

Kriv: Unless.

Other GM: Unless what?!

Kriv: (pauses) (snickering)

Other GM: Hello? Is that laughter I hear?!

Kriv: (Hangs up the phone, the room erupts in laughter) "I can always keep a straight face up until the point when I have to start talking about Coffey. Get the Cubs on the line, I want to try again. And no funny faces this time, Bob. "
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

"I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."

Coffey has a CAREER whip, of over 1.40. I don't see any reason to believe he's just having an off year. TODD COFFEY IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS! IF YOU WANT TO CROWN HIM CHAMPION, GO AHEAD! TODD COFFEY IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig Reds Fan View Post

Kriv: (Hangs up the phone, the room erupts in laughter) "I can always keep a straight face up until the point when I have to start talking about Coffey. Get the Cubs on the line, I want to try again. And no funny faces this time, Bob. "

LOL that one is classic.

uoduck1017

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Coffey has a CAREER whip, of over 1.40. I don't see any reason to believe he's just having an off year. TODD COFFEY IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS! IF YOU WANT TO CROWN HIM CHAMPION, GO AHEAD! TODD COFFEY IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good mix of football and baseball there.

Senor Votto

Laughed myself into tears. Great one.

nobody wants Coffey, thats why no deals have been done yet...you cant just give Dunn away....i bet he stays until the off season
    Reds fan since 1970

Turn Off Ads?