Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where is TRF? Well, I'll tell you...

Re: Where is TRF? Well, I'll tell you...

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Why did I get singled out?

I never had a problem with TRF. Pretty sure he never had a problem with me, either.
    I singled you out because you usually seemed to have a problem with me. I was right about Hopper BTW.

Now look at the last few sentences I wrote...

This is a tragedy of epic proportions. I am asking Redszoners around the world (yes, even you Highlifeman21) to e-mail TRF and let him know that Redszone needs him. Let's right this injustice. TRF can be reached at trfredszone@yahoo.com. He is a legend here and needs to be brought home. Go forth and carry the word!

Can anyone honestly read those last few sentences and take them at face value? Go forth and carry the word? It reads like a damn Captain Marvel comic book. Look, I was trying to right a wrong for a friend and that is all there was to it. He should be here. Simple as that. I'm the reason he's not although it appears he might have been here recently. I'm sure everything will sort itself out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Is this thread serious? I know some people on this board have a dry sense of humor, myself included, and I just can't see how someone could be 100% genuine with starting this thread. I'm not meaning any insult--this just seems really weird to me.

Just in case it is serious, I'll say that I didn't even notice TRF was missing (no offense). If he's good at posting, I hope he comes back and continues to do so, but even if he returns, there's a pretty good chance I won't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Is this thread serious?
    I think that question was answered in the last paragraph of the post right before yours. I must admit, though, that I missed the humorous sarcasm when the original post appeared in this thread. I, too, was wondering how anyone could be so melodramatic.

Misinterpretation sometimes occurs when the keyboard is the only means of communication, however.

Actually, it was serious in intent. I just jazzed up the words a bit and added a bit of humor. My point was that this site was/is important to TRF and he was a big part of it. The reason he is not here, which is noticed by a lot here BTW, has to do with me. My hope is that he'll come back and post regular and I'll fade into the background. Also I think threads like these are a refreshing break from the usual Adam Dunn and sabremetrics discussions.

Norris Hopper 3 for 5 with two great catches tonight. No power but the dude can play as I pointed out at the beginning of the season. Last season was no mirage.

No, I realize you were sincere, but I was mainly referring to the "tragedy of epic proportions" part.

What can I say? It looked and sounded pretty good.

I'm all about that style of humor, but I think your humor and/or your point were lost in your post. I'll tell you what, though: If TRF PMs or emails me and asks me if I think he should come back, I'll respond to him and tell him how important he is to me, RedsZone, and the future of the U.S.A.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I'm all about that style of humor, but I think your humor and/or your point were lost in your post. I'll tell you what, though: If TRF PMs or emails me and asks me if I think he should come back, I'll respond to him and tell him how important he is to me, RedsZone, and the future of the U.S.A.
    You're a good American.

Turn Off Ads?