Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Lohse...

Trade Lohse...

I believe the Reds were going to let Lohse have this last start before they trade him hoping he'd have a decent start and maybe they could get a little better prospect than they would have gotten. 5 and 2/3rds of 1 run baseball is not too bad. I would not be suprised to see him gone by this time tomorrow. I think we might be able to get a AA arm with potential for him too.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Lohse...

Id rather resign Lohse than us spend the money on over priced crappy relievers in the off season.

You wanna give Lohse a 4 year 32 million dollar contract?

The guy is so hot and cold...you wonder if it's all just mental ?
    Reds fan since 1970

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    You wanna give Lohse a 4 year 32 million dollar contract?
    Depends on who we spend that money on.

If they give Lohse a 4 year 32 million dollar deal I and the whole city would be furious. They could spend that on possibly Linebrink or some of the other good relievers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Red View Post
    The guy is so hot and cold...you wonder if it's all just mental ?

Maybe. He gives up a lot of 2 strike hits. Maybe he doesn't have an out pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    If they give Lohse a 4 year 32 million dollar deal I and the whole city would be furious. They could spend that on possibly Linebrink or some of the other good relievers out there.
    Reds management would likely give a 4 year deal to Bob Wickman before they made a decent move like that.

uoduck1017

I would definately try to trade Lohse while his value is high. If the return isn't that great, see if the other team wanted Weathers to sweeten the deal. I have a good feeling that Wayne will hold out for the best offer and hopefully get at least a Linebrink-like return.

I just don't think we have any chance to sign him in the offseason. He has Scott Boras as his agent, and it would be extremely difficult to sign him. Kyle has said he is willing to make a deal with the reds; however the odds are against the Reds being able to sign him. Given this, there will be a lot of pressure on the Reds to trade Lohse for the best deal they can get.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    Reds management would likely give a 4 year deal to Bob Wickman before they made a decent move like that.

I have to believe Lohse's early exit today against the Brewer's is a sign he's as good as traded. He had the win under his belt and his pitching line was pretty decent so why risk lousing-up his numbers and queering the deal by letting him go on?

Gotta believe Kyle Lohse is outta here.

He's either out of here, or he's the second coming of Eric Milton.

He actually looked good last night. He made a few guys look really bad. I think it is mental with Lohse. Plus he pitches well at home. It's the road that's the problem.

Maybe we should keep him and have 6 starting pitchers next year. We can sign some starting pitcher in the offseason that is better on the road than at home. Then we can have Lohse start the games at home and the new guy start on the road.

Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    He actually looked good last night. He made a few guys look really bad. I think it is mental with Lohse. Plus he pitches well at home. It's the road that's the problem.

Maybe we should keep him and have 6 starting pitchers next year. We can sign some starting pitcher in the offseason that is better on the road than at home. Then we can have Lohse start the games at home and the new guy start on the road.

Hahaha.
    I've heard worse suggestions.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Turn Off Ads?