Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Who closes today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Who closes today?

Since Weathers pitched two innings last night, who will close today or will Weathers be ran out there again?

Talkin' Baseball

Re: Who closes today?

Wouldn't surprise me if Weathers goes out there again. He's done it before this year. Personally, I'd like to see Burton get a shot. I think Gosling closed out the extra inning game last week. Anybody but Coffey or Stanton.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by JLB5 View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see Burton get a shot. Anybody but Coffey or Stanton.
    I like the way Burton is getting some of the late inning spots. As far as the Coffey/Stanton comment

Quote Originally Posted by JLB5 View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if Weathers goes out there again. He's done it before this year. Personally, I'd like to see Burton get a shot. I think Gosling closed out the extra inning game last week. Anybody but Coffey or Stanton.
    Problem is Burton pitched just about 2 innings last night as well with about 35 or so pitches. He has been used a lot lately too, I would like to see him get a day off. You cross that bridge when you come to it, I'd like to see Livingston go all 9 today and not worry about it .
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Nice to assume that it will be a save situation. If the Reds lose you jinxed them

I would expect Weathers to go again. I would think he's used to pitching more innings since he's basically a setup man.

thorn

Griffey and Dunn closes today. No need for Weathers.

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    Griffey and Dunn closes today. No need for Weathers.
    Best answer yet!

3- out save = Weathers
    4+ out save = Screwed

Turn Off Ads?