Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: its time to cut Saarloos

its time to cut Saarloos

Why is Kirk Saarloos still on the team? Is there no one else we can bring up or sign? He gives up a run seemingly every time he pitches. This is the second time he hasn't even recorded an out. Does anyone have any explanation for him still being on the team?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: its time to cut Saarloos

With out a doubt.

Has Santos signed with anyone since we released him.... maybe we can get him back.

I would rather have Ricky Stone back than Saarloos.

I wanna see Bill Bray.

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Nothing like an afternoon cup of Coffey to wash down a helping of Saarloos. Throwing those two out there in a tie game is like Ned Yost opening a Wonka bar to discover a golden ticket. Not that there are any better options, mind you, so can't really fault Mac.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

If there isn't anybody at Louisville who can do better than Saarloos, the Reds really have a problem.

RotoHester

I would have to say I am extremlely disappointed in Saarloos this season. When he was brought in during the offseason I was excited about his potential. Being a groundball pitcher that showed flashes of great ability while pitching for Oakland I thought he may be one of the Reds breakout players this season. Unfortunately he's been a train wreck! It has to be time to get Bray and even Maj back up here and see what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandoug View Post
    If there isn't anybody at Louisville who can do better than Saarloos, the Reds really have a problem.

Yea, Bill Bray and probably even Gary Majewski.

Roster glue

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    With out a doubt.

Has Santos signed with anyone since we released him.... maybe we can get him back.
    Santos accepted his assignment to AAA; the Reds still have him. He has a 1.93 ERA in Louisville.

The difference between he and Saarloos:

A) Saarloos has options and can be sent to Louisville without exposing him to waivers

B) Santos has not been seen hemorrhaging runs and baserunners at the big league level as recently

Picking between these two is like asking whether you want to eat mayonnaise that has sat in the sun for three weeks or a month.

Saarloos/Coffey out.

Bray and Salmon in.

That wasn't too hard, Wayne.
    I'm not a hooligan. I'm a Reds supporter.

Hooray Beer!

Quote Originally Posted by boognish View Post
    Santos accepted his assignment to AAA; the Reds still have him. He has a 1.93 ERA in Louisville.

A) Saarloos has options and can be sent to Louisville without exposing him to waivers

B) Santos has not been seen hemorrhaging runs and baserunners at the big league level as recently

Picking between these two is like asking whether you want to eat mayonnaise that has sat in the sun for three weeks or a month.
    Im being sarcastic about Santos

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRedinCT View Post
    Saarloos/Coffey out.

Bray and Salmon in.

That wasn't too hard, Wayne.
    Throw Stanton in and bring McBeth back.

said on the game recap that the last 10 batters saarloos has faced have all reached base. 8 hits, 1 walk, 1 hbp.

i'm not even upset. that's amazing!

got alil captain in u?

i agree i've seen enough

Quote Originally Posted by boognish View Post

He would clear waivers quicker than Ricky Stone

and what would we be losing if someone else did pick him up?

Turn Off Ads?