Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Bruce staying in AAA?

Is Bruce staying in AAA?

I thought I read that they were moving him to AAA until Dewayne Wise came back, which he did yesterday, and then they might move him back to AA? Did they see enough progress in AAA that they are going to keep him there or what?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is Bruce staying in AAA?

I have no idea but I really hope so.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

I hope so too, he's holding his own down there. They better not send him to AA just so they can play Wise.

Send Wise down to AA.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

uoduck1017

I don't think the Reds want to upset The Boss.

Moving any prospect, let alone one of the top in all of the baseball, for the sake of Dewayne Wise is ridiculous.

The Reds organization may want him to play the rest of the year at AA, so as to not rush him. I wouldn't even want Wise in the organization, but Bruce is only at AAA because of all the injured outfielders in Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    The Reds organization may want him to play the rest of the year at AA, so as to not rush him. I wouldn't even want Wise in the organization, but Bruce is only at AAA because of all the injured outfielders in Louisville.

Whats the point of sending him back to AA so he can hit .320 the rest of the season? I'd keep him in AAA becuase from what I'v seen of him there it's a challenge for him, but not so much of a challenge that he can't hit in AAA, 262 is not too bad. I think he should stay in AAA, he'll probably have AAA mastered in 2 weeks and be hitting over .300 there anyway.

he stays in AAA the rest of the year....continues to mature, and has a shot of making the big club in 2008
    Reds fan since 1970

uoduck1017

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    Whats the point of sending him back to AA so he can hit .320 the rest of the season? I'd keep him in AAA becuase from what I'v seen of him there it's a challenge for him, but not so much of a challenge that he can't hit in AAA, 262 is not too bad. I think he should stay in AAA, he'll probably have AAA mastered in 2 weeks and be hitting over .300 there anyway.
    Exactly. Bruce looks to me like the type of player who won't slump for an extended period of time. AAA will give him the biggest challenge besides the big leagues, and if he can hit at a good clip for the rest of the year, he will be that much closer to the big club next year.

What good is there to come from your top prospect to be batting .320 in AA anyways. If hes not in AAA hes not going to be challenged.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    I'd think the point of leaving a guy in one spot for awhile is to allow the league he is in to adjust to whatever he is doing, and then see if your guy can adjust to that. If you rush a guy through each step, he doesn't learn to adjust to how he is being worked and that'll lead to disaster at the MLB level. They won't take months to adjust and the guys throwing the pitches can exectute the adjustments much better than your average AA/AAA guy can.

That said, each individual is different and a guy hitting as well as Bruce looks like he could handle the promotion and learn to adjust at the AAA as well as he can the AA level.

GL

My point is that I didn't want to rush him. If he can handle AAA pitching at his young age, keep him in AAA.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I don't think you can send down a guy with a .984 OPS and make a good arguement for it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    My point is that I didn't want to rush him. If he can handle AAA pitching at his young age, keep him in AAA.
    The thing is, you can't really "rush" a position player. They are just going to face tougher pitching, and Bruce has done extremely well so far, and could be ready for the bigs.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Turn Off Ads?