Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pat Tillman

Re: Pat Tillman

Yeah. It's probably due more to the soldier not wanting to speak ill of a fellow soldier who died by his side.

2. Turn Off Ads?

To the contrary of what some people think, the army has been pretty good in charging soldiers with murder, rape, etc.

I find it real hard to believe that the army would cover up a murder, and let the murderer off with no punishment.

I find it real easy to believe the army would try to cover up a friendly fire, to help the family deal with their loss, and help the "war morale" of the american public.

I feel this was just a tragic accident. Tilliman is dead. It would not be unrealistic to think the army wanted his family to feel better about Tillman's sacrifice by telling them he was killed fighting the bad guys. Sort of like the cops telling you a loved one died of smoke inhalation in a house fire when they really know after an altopsy no smoke was found in their lungs and they really burned up in the fire. They just want to make you feel a little better about the death and suffering of a loved one. It happens all the time in the real world. They are dead...nothing will bring them back. Some times not being so graffic is more humane to the family.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    To the contrary of what some people think, the army has been pretty good in charging soldiers with murder, rape, etc.

I find it real hard to believe that the army would cover up a murder, and let the murderer off with no punishment.
    Thank you. The "conspiracy theory"... unfortunately it is a part of our everyday lives these days. Nothing happens anymore that does not have some sort of "conspiracy" around it. Not sure who comes up with some of the "theories", but they will come up with them.

I do not know what happened in that Afghani canyon. But rest assured that more "theorists" will make an attempt to tell all of us that he/she does know... despite the fact that they were not there either.

When it's thrown in their face, sure. How long did Abu Ghraib take to materialize? And who ended up taking the fall for that?
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

I find it real easy to believe the army would try to cover up a friendly fire, to help the family deal with their loss, and help the "war morale" of the american public.

I hope it was an accident. But your 3rd paragraph may be the reason why they would cover up a murder. Our own soldiers killing each other? What are people going to think about that? Support for the war is low enough as it is so it sure wouldn't get any better if the public found out that a soldier was murdered by another soldier much less a guy like Tillman.

Hey, if Tillman wasn't murdered and it was just friendly fire, the army and the members of Tillman's platoon have nothing to worry about, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Hey, if Tillman wasn't murdered and it was just friendly fire, the army and the members of Tillman's platoon have nothing to worry about, right?
    Unintentional friendly fire is one of the dirty little secrets of war(as it happens quite frequently). It does not play well at all, it makes people look incompetent.

Turn Off Ads?