Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cantu A Red

Cantu A Red

Ken Rosenthal reports on Fox Game that the Reds have acquired infielder Jorge Cantu from the Devil Rays. Said he had not heard who the Reds had given up, but it should not be much, Cantu spent a large part of the season in AAA.
    He's a great power threat, but not sure where he'll play unless another move is made. EE or Conine gone soon?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cantu A Red

Cantu? More like Cannot. Guy has zerro On Base skills

being posted in minor league talk, and the ORG....for shackelford and medlock...wow!!!
    Reds fan since 1970

This is very similar to the brandon phillips pickup. He is a guy with pretty good talent who for whatever reason has soured in tampa bay. His defense isnt great but his power should definately show in the GABP. I watched him a good amount in his career year and it did not look like a fluke. We will see what we gave up but i dont mind this move if it isnt much. Plus he isnt old which is nice for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Red View Post
    being posted in minor league talk, and the ORG....for shackelford and medlock...wow!!!
    If this is true then i am ok with it. Shackleford was a waste of roster space in aaa and medlock has limited potential. He may be a decent middle reliever at some point but no more.

ANOTHER TIDBIT ON HIM........ Devil Rays infielder Jorge Cantu was optioned to Triple-A Durham on Thursday, but was uncertain if he would report to the International League club. "It's something I think to talk about with me, my agent and the general manager," Cantu said. Cantu has appeared in 25 games for Tampa Bay this season, hitting .207 with no homers and four RBI. He had a .286 average with 28 homers and 117 RBI in 2005, but has struggled since breaking his foot in April 2006. "Jorge is not happy. That's something that's very understandable," Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said. When asked if Cantu would report to the minors, Maddon said he had "no idea."
    (Updated 07/19/2007).
    Reds fan since 1970

hes 1 for 14 since June 20...hasn't played since July 14
    Reds fan since 1970

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

I guess it's Castro to the DL and Cantu donning a Reds' uniform.

what is his reg position..he was DH this year....can he play all the IF positions?
    Reds fan since 1970

Interesting start to the trade season, young cheap with high reward potential, Medlock is an ouch, but if the reds had an average bullpen then this is a type of move I would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Red View Post
    what is his reg position..he was DH this year....can he play all the IF positions?
    Ive seen him everywhere but shortstop but he isnt very good at 3rd or 2nd. Not sure about first. He isn't known for D which is why he must hit.

got alil captain in u?

per a poster on c trents blog the players we sent there way are calvin medlock and brian shackleford. Shackleford is no great loss but i dunno about giving up medlock.

Not Medlock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Most Vottomatic Player

Seems like a trade to be followed by a trade. Will Hatteberg be able to net a Medlock type return?

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

If Cantu comes anywhere close to repeating his 2005 season, then picking him up for Shackelford and Medlock is a steal.

Turn Off Ads?