Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cueto in July...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Cueto in July...

5gs, 3-1, 2.37, 30.ip, 21h, 5bb, 37k (leads the Southern League for strikeouts this month)

Re: Cueto in July...

hes coming along nicely...lets hope he finishes strong, and gets a shot at AAA next year
    Reds fan since 1970

KeyMastur

he's better than homer bailey...you guys jock bailey way too much

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur View Post
    he's better than homer bailey...you guys jock bailey way too much
    I've heard that as well....and I'm not talking from message board posters or other fans...
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 07-28-2007 at 06:20 PM.

He may be a better minor league pitcher than Bailey but Bailey has the frame of a power pitcher. Cueto may not have the build to be a 230 IP guy. Maybe he beats the odds and ends up being the next Oswalt. Anyway I'd still bet on Bailey to be the more succesful in the majors but I'm glad we have them both.

KeyMastur

Quote Originally Posted by UC_Ken View Post
    He may be a better minor league pitcher than Bailey but Bailey has the frame of a power pitcher. Cueto may not have the build to be a 230 IP guy. Maybe he beats the odds and ends up being the next Oswalt. Anyway I'd still bet on Bailey to be the more succesful in the majors but I'm glad we have them both.
    really ?? wow, i'd like to see the games you've been watching where Homer pitches...

he's got 1 pitch - a fastball - than he can at most times throw for stirkes. you can't live off a heater only in the big leagues. they'll eat you alive. both is off-speed pitches need work and the biggest of them all - he doesn't know how to pitch......

cueto throws 95+ also, don't forget that, with a slider and change-up he can throw for a strike.

both is off-speed pitches need work and the biggest of them all - he doesn't know how to pitch......
    You bolded it, not me. But he knows how to pitch probably better than any Reds pitcher right now outside of Harang. He understands pitching pretty darn well. Although he knows how to pitch, doesn't mean he can show it easily. When his command is poor, it is hard for him to show that he knows how to pitch.

KeyMastur

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    You bolded it, not me. But he knows how to pitch probably better than any Reds pitcher right now outside of Harang. He understands pitching pretty darn well. Although he knows how to pitch, doesn't mean he can show it easily. When his command is poor, it is hard for him to show that he knows how to pitch.
    what ???????? hahaha. that's a good joke. thanks. was havin a rough day.

you're tellin me he's smarter than bronson, lohse, santos, weathers, and yes, even livingston ??

i'm not talkin command. i'm talkin brains.

what ???????? hahaha. that's a good joke. thanks. was havin a rough day.

you're tellin me he's smarter than bronson, lohse, santos, weathers, and yes, even livingston ??

i'm not talkin command. i'm talkin brains.
    I'll give you Weathers.

I hope one becomes K-Rod.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

My starting pitcher can beat up your starting pitcher. =)~

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Homer Bailey > Johnny Cueto.

He is better now (well if healthy) and he will be better in the future as well. Cueto is very good. Homer is just better, especially when healthy, which I am unsure he has been since April (lets not forget he has been on the DL twice this year for a strained groin... so I am willing to be he was not completely healthy since the first time he went on the DL for it).

KeyMastur

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Homer Bailey > Johnny Cueto.

He is better now (well if healthy) and he will be better in the future as well. Cueto is very good. Homer is just better, especially when healthy, which I am unsure he has been since April (lets not forget he has been on the DL twice this year for a strained groin... so I am willing to be he was not completely healthy since the first time he went on the DL for it).
    haha...funniest comment of the year right there in bold

like i said, you guys jock homer way too much....

you say he's better now....in what sense ?? better stuff ? smarter pitcher (if you say yes on this comment i might as well streak across great american tonight). all you say is he's good and have nothing to back it up. i'm betting all you've seen is cueto's numbers and homer actually pitch on tv or maybe been to a game.

haha...funniest comment of the year right there in bold

like i said, you guys jock homer way too much....

you say he's better now....in what sense ?? better stuff ? smarter pitcher (if you say yes on this comment i might as well streak across great american tonight). all you say is he's good and have nothing to back it up. i'm betting all you've seen is cueto's numbers and homer actually pitch on tv or maybe been to a game.
    Wow. Just wow. You do realize Homer and Cueto are the same age, yet Bailey is 2 levels ahead of him right now, right? Imagine the difference in numbers if Cueto was in the bigs and Homer was still in AA.

KeyMastur

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Wow. Just wow. You do realize Homer and Cueto are the same age, yet Bailey is 2 levels ahead of him right now, right? Imagine the difference in numbers if Cueto was in the bigs and Homer was still in AA.
    2 levels ahead ?? why cause homer failed to be the Reds savior this year when he was called up and displayed a nice 6.99 ERA ?? you still really wanna count his putrid major league stats as another level ?? ok, i'll give you that one. he got called up. was he ready ?? (i'll bet you say yes, when it's clear the answer is / was no - he was promoted b/c 1. fan pressure 2. jerry's job in jeopardy 3. just happened to need someone to start). check out livingston - not as electric of stuff, but knows how to pitch.

ok since i'm sure you're a stat rat, let's compare numbers....

Homer

Cueto

hmm....nice IP::BB:K ratio Homer has there.

Turn Off Ads?