good god get him out of there
    Reds fan since 1970

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Gosling getting shelled

pitching change finally...
    Reds fan since 1970

got alil captain in u?

he's nothing more than a situation lefty. He can't get righties out to save his life but he is fairly good against lefties.

i know but that was hard to watch...geez
    Reds fan since 1970

Roster glue

Another reason to continue to run Belisle out there...the AAAA group of starters on this roster (Dumatrait, Gosling, Santos, Saarloos) are simply too hittable. Elizardo Ramirez is decent if he can get healthy but though he has good command, he has so little margin for error that he looks to be a swingman from my POV.

The organizational pitching depth in the minors, particularly on the 40-man, must be addressed through every available avenue--trades before the non-waiver deadline and after alike, waiver claims on interesting arms, other forms of dumpster-diving, and any other machination you can think of--between now and spring training 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    he's nothing more than a situation lefty. He can't get righties out to save his life but he is fairly good against lefties.
    Bingo. I think that Gosling could be a very effective reliever if his talents were properly utilized but it seems painfully obvious that he doesn't have the skillset to be a long reliever. With that in mind I can't help but feel that he doesn't really fit in with the current bullpen and the club would be much better served by having Bray here instead of Gosling.

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
    Bingo. I think that Gosling could be a very effective reliever if his talents were properly utilized but it seems painfully obvious that he doesn't have the skillset to be a long reliever. With that in mind I can't help but feel that he doesn't really fit in with the current bullpen and the club would be much better served by having Bray here instead of Gosling.
    Amen to that..bring Bray up
    Reds fan since 1970

Turn Off Ads?