Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Octavio Dotel available according to ESPN...

Octavio Dotel available according to ESPN...

i was watching sportscenter yesterday and saw that they said octavio dotel is available from kansas city. he is a guy that i think could help out this bullpen, but im not sure what they're asking for in return, im guessing young prospects that they won't have to pay, but dotel appears to be healthy and pitching well for KC, and would definately help bolster this bullpen. he was a dominant force in houston before his arm troubles.

he's 2-1 with a 3.27, 10 saves, and 26 k's in 21 innings.

just a thought, but if they are even thinking about trying to contend next year, i think this would be a nice pick up.
    Last edited by mroby85; 07-28-2007 at 11:10 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Octavio Dotel available according to ESPN...

Dotel would certainly be an upgrade over any of the current cast of characters in the Reds current bullpen but why would they look to trade for a guy who will be a free agent at the end of this season? I don't have a problem trying to go after him during the offseason but it doesn't make much sense to trade anything of value to add him for the remainder of this season.

What would they want for him?
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
    Dotel would certainly be an upgrade over any of the current cast of characters in the Reds current bullpen but why would they look to trade for a guy who will be a free agent at the end of this season? I don't have a problem trying to go after him during the offseason but it doesn't make much sense to trade anything of value to add him for the remainder of this season.
    thats a good point, the only thing i was thinking is it gives you the inside track at re-signing him, and may not have to get into a bidding war or whatever if you do it before the season is over. but i agree, i wouldn't trade anything too great.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Probably too much. Besides, what do the Reds have besides Adam Dunn to offer KC? And Dunn won't resign with the Royals after this season. That's a given...
    "Six outs to a full inning. In a major league game, you're going to play 8 or 9 innings. That is never going to change. The money changes. People change. But the game itself is never going to change. The people who designed this thing are brilliant."-Jamie Moyer

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoblack2880 View Post
    Probably too much. Besides, what do the Reds have besides Adam Dunnto offer KC? And Dunn won't resign with the Royals after this season. That's a given...
    I'd never trade Dunn for Dotel anyway
    Most Vottomatic Player

I'd expect that KC is looking to get at least a Linebrink-like return for Dotel.

I'd never trade Dunn for Dotel anyway
    There are few people I would trade Dunn for. I'd hate to see him dealt away. Especially for what's available...
    Last edited by fadetoblack2880; 07-28-2007 at 11:54 PM.
    "Six outs to a full inning. In a major league game, you're going to play 8 or 9 innings. That is never going to change. The money changes. People change. But the game itself is never going to change. The people who designed this thing are brilliant."-Jamie Moyer

Turn Off Ads?