Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Brock Till and Tyler Pelland to AAA

Brock Till and Tyler Pelland to AAA

To replace Shack and Medlock.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brock Till and Tyler Pelland to AAA

Pedro Viola was promoted to AA. He pitched 2.1 scoreless innings tonight with 2k's.

Man, I really like Viola. I'm not too upset with Medlock leaving. Hopefully leaving TB is what Cantu needed. No matter the talent there, people just never come up like they should.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

I'd love to see Pelland solidify his control and come on strong. Bray, Coutlngus and Pelland could make a strong left-handed side of a future bullpen.

I wonder if this is temporary. I don't see Saarloos on any roster in the organization and he may just be taking some time off before reporting. Also, Marcus McBeth shows up as on the Reserve List (not sure what that means or why he isn't active).

I think the Bats just needed bodies with the deal yesterday and a doubleheader.

Of course if some guys are traded from the major league team (Lohse and Stanton I Hope, I Hope, I Hope) then some guys could get called up to make this permanent.
    Last edited by mth123; 07-29-2007 at 09:51 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I'm intrigued by Till. He's been consistently at 2 to 1, GO to AO, over his 90+ innings at Chatt the last two years, and he has given up 1 HR in those 90+ innings.

McBeth was on the bereavement list earlier this year, wasn't he? I'd guess there's a correlation.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    McBeth was on the bereavement list earlier this year, wasn't he? I'd guess there's a correlation.
    They said on the louisville broadcast that he and his wife just had their second child and thats why he was out. So congrats to marcus.

Im excited to see what Pelland can do
    Reds fan since 1970

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    I'm intrigued by Till. He's been consistently at 2 to 1, GO to AO, over his 90+ innings at Chatt the last two years, and he has given up 1 HR in those 90+ innings.
    ...which is interesting because Till is generally known as a mid-to-high 90s fastball in search of a pitcher. But his numbers don't resemble that sort.

He's 27 and he can't get AA hitters out consistently. He looks like a minor leaguer to me (and not even a very good one).

Till's kind of local to my area. I hope he gets a shot to prove himself. With his age it might be a now or never deal.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Till's BA against was .222 last year at Chatt, .239 this year. He's certainly getting somebody out.

Turn Off Ads?