Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ensberg DFA'd

Re: Ensberg DFA'd

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    I would love this. Ensberg would be a very solid pickup. Yes, he has actually played 1B and I agree that he is at least a solid defensive 3B. Plus, if he gets his confidence back (or his HGH hookup, whatever it might be the case) he is a legit 30 HR guy. I think the Reds need a guy like this for next year: A right-handed power hitter who can play 3B (an all-right handed platoon with EE) and 1B (a platoon with Votto). Plus he would come on the cheap and we could use the little money we will have on pitching. Not to mention we wouldn't have to give up anything for him. Get on this Krivsky!
    And where exactly would Ensberg play? Does this team need another low average power hitter? He hasn't been the player most projected for about 3 years now. I pass.

2. Turn Off Ads?

How about instead of picking up other teams' discards, the Reds set their standards a bit higher? Focus on what a player can do in the future, not what he's done in the past.
    Sabermetrics is this: A batter's goal is to extend the inning. Extend enough innings and you're going to score runs. Extend more innings than your opponent and you're going to score more runs than him.

Forget the rain. It's never an official game until the Reds piss away a run between third base and home plate. - Bluegrass Redleg

Actually, if he's willing to take on a platoon/utility role, he would be a spectacularly good fit for this organization. He can club lefties to a 935 OPS.

The down side is he's never played anywhere but third. It's possible he can't play in the of.

Still, if he's willing to give the aurilia job a try, this team could use him.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Per Rosenthal.

The Twins are showing minimal interest in Astros third baseman Morgan Ensberg, who was designated for assignment Sunday. They do, however, like Rockies Class AAA infielder Clint Barmes, as do the Tigers.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

I think he will end up in Minnesota by week's end.

I would like him as a Red though. Solid OB skils and the team is in need of a decent bat off the bench.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

ESPN reporting that the Padres are going to pick Ensberg up.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    ESPN reporting that the Padres are going to pick Ensberg up.
    Tthe Padres have picked up Milton Bradley, Michael Barrett & Morgan Ensberg this year for practically nothing. Impressive.

Turn Off Ads?