Turn Off Ads?

Thread: cubs fans

cubs fans

Well, after attending today's game, my disdain for Cubs fans is reinforced. They are the most obnoxois, dis-respectful, and genuine pains in the rectum, of any opposing fans that show up at GABP. I know people in St. Louis, and Milwaukee, two other parks they infest when the Cubs are there, and they say the exact same thing. Go Brewers!! (Just to shut those loud-mouths out of the post-season again)! It may be a long season for Reds fans, but it's been a long century, huh Cubby creeps!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: cubs fans

I agree 100 percent...a buddy of mine had tickets for the Red Sox/Indians game on Thursday night, and the Red Sox fans aren't far behind the Cub fans. Had it not been for their series win a few years back, I would put them in the same mold as Cub fans, "Loveable Losers."

i agree that cubs fans are annoying, but you have to respect their loyalty to their team. i wish the reds fans made opposing ballparks sound like it did today. when everyone started booing on soriano's double, i assumed they changed it to a home run, but i forgot there were more cubs fans than reds fans at gabp.

I hate the Cubs and their fans as much as anyone, but the money they spent on tickets this weekend is still spent in Cincinnati at Great American Ballpark. Let them spend their money on our team.

My buddy is a cubs fan and i pretty much hate him during baseball season.

I get so tired of this crap. Every team has obnoxious fans, not just the Cubs. I am a Cubs fan, of course I cheer for them, but I'm not obnoxious with it. It cracks me up to see reports that the Reds FO is frustrated with seeing so many Cubs fans in attendance. In my opinion, they should wish they go the opportunity to play the Cubs at GABP 81 times a year because of the crowds they draw.

I had very nice conversations this enire series with the Reds fans around me. Why do the Cubs fans get the blame when they simply buy tickets that Reds fans haven't?

I am the last guy to get in any arguments comparing the history of the Cubs and Reds. But at the same time I find all the "1908" stuff to be comical. So what? I like where my team is right now, and I have the opportunity to see them play you can bet I will be there.

I hate em too. I loved going to Wrigley last year when they were horrible and everyone there tried to be nice to me in the park and in all of the bars because I was wearing a Reds Jersey. They didn't fool me. I remembered how obnoxious they are when they think they have a shot. (which is not very often).

Quote Originally Posted by scuba17 View Post
    I get so tired of this crap. Every team has obnoxious fans, not just the Cubs. I am a Cubs fan, of course I cheer for them, but I'm not obnoxious with it. It cracks me up to see reports that the Reds FO is frustrated with seeing so many Cubs fans in attendance. In my opinion, they should wish they go the opportunity to play the Cubs at GABP 81 times a year because of the crowds they draw.

I had very nice conversations this enire series with the Reds fans around me. Why do the Cubs fans get the blame when they simply buy tickets that Reds fans haven't?

I am the last guy to get in any arguments comparing the history of the Cubs and Reds. But at the same time I find all the "1908" stuff to be comical. So what? I like where my team is right now, and I have the opportunity to see them play you can bet I will be there.
    It's not the fact that Cubs fans cheer for their team, when they do something good. I was sitting in the right field stands friday night and heard Cubs fans heckle Adam Dunn all night. I also have to admit I wanted to throw up after driving five hours to hear the chant "lets go cubs" all night.

Quote Originally Posted by James B. View Post
    It's not the fact that Cubs fans cheer for their team, when they do something good. I was sitting in the right field stands friday night and heard Cubs fans heckle Adam Dunn all night. I also have to admit I wanted to throw up after driving five hours to hear the chant "lets go cubs" all night.
    If Cubs fans heckling Dunn bothered you, you'd ahte what the Reds fans behind me today were saying about him.

You must be that nice person fron Chicago seated next to me. He was not a pain in the rectum. Note, I made reference to fans from St. Louis---a great group, and Milwaukee--another great group, and they all agreed with my assessment of Cub Fans. They loathe the Cubs fans in their park. You guys are very hard to deal with. By the way, Cubs will most likely choke as usual, or another Bartman will be your scapegoat, and what are you doing on Reds Zone anyway? Go home and gloat. Don't do it in my face. That's just another example of why Cubs fans are so detested. Here, in St. Louis, Milwaukee, and any other place your ilk infests.

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    You must be that nice person fron Chicago seated next to me. He was not a pain in the rectum. Note, I made reference to fans from St. Louis---a great group, and Milwaukee--another great group, and they all agreed with my assessment of Cub Fans. They loathe the Cubs fans in their park. You guys are very hard to deal with. By the way, Cubs will most likely choke as usual, or another Bartman will be your scapegoat, and what are you doing on Reds Zone anyway? Go home and gloat. Don't do it in my face. That's just another example of why Cubs fans are so detested. Here, in St. Louis, Milwaukee, and any other place your ilk infests.
    Just so I get this straight? Since I'm a Cubs fan, I shouldn't come to GABP. And also, because I'm a Cubs fan I shouldn't post on another team's message board?

Show me where I "gloated"?

Who's the obnoxious one?

Just so I get this straight? Since I'm a Cubs fan, I shouldn't come to GABP. And also, because I'm a Cubs fan I shouldn't post on another team's message board?

Show me where I "gloated"?

Who's the obnoxious one?
    No, Since you are a Cubs fan, you shouldn't be on a Red's message board. Go talk to a goat or a cow about your Cubs, not us.

I"ve had good experiences around here in the past. Just because I'm a Cubs fan doesn't mean I should be barred from posting on a baseball site. I don't post often, as evidenced by my post count and join date, but I do enjoy reading the board.

I used to work for the AAA team in Louisville so I like to keep track of a lot of the guys I got to know a little bit.

Be a little more accepting. I'd understand If I was on here dogging the Reds and pumping up the Cubs but I'm clearly not. I don't get the attitude around here towards me.

Turn Off Ads?