Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tim Kurkjian on ESPN radio this morning

Tim Kurkjian on ESPN radio this morning

I didn't actually hear this myself but someone told me that Kurkjian was on ESPN radio this morning and he said there is a good possibilty Dunn goes to Washington for Cordero and Rouch and talks are heating up between the Reds and the Mariners about Griffey.

What do you guys think about Dunn for Cordero and Rauch? On the surface it looks like a decent return for Dunn but I don't know. If the Reds KNOW they are not going to pick up Dunn's option I guess you take the best deal avaliable and this deal would not be THAT bad.

Oh, and apparantly Kurkjian said the Dunn deal could be finalized before the game tomorrow.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tim Kurkjian on ESPN radio this morning

Dunn for Cordero and Rauch?

We're not going to do it again are we?
    Last edited by reds44; 07-30-2007 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Dunn for Griffey and Rauch?

We're not going to do it again are we?

Did you mean Dunn for Cordero and Rouch?

Also, I hope the Dunn deal would be finalized before the game tomorrow considering the trade deadline is 3 hours before the game.

Report seems fishy.

Senor Votto

I'm not willing to trade Dunn until Bruce is Major League ready.

Someone should tell Bowden that the MLB is not fantasy baseball, he has Larkin Boone and Rijo in the front office and Wanger,Lopez,Young,Kearns in the field. Now he wants Dunn?

He didn't win in Cincy with those guys and he won't win in DC with them.

I hate the idea of trading for relievers. Especially ones that have made their mark in a pitchers park. Especially ones that are getting expensive. Especially ones that have shouldered a heavy work load. Especially ones being pawned off by Jim Bowden.

that's dumb, unless cordero will then be moved for prospects. stop with the band-aids. we're more than one or two players from contending. we need prospects

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Carin4Narron View Post
    Someone should tell Bowden that the MLB is not fantasy baseball, he has Larkin Boone and Rijo in the front office and Wanger,Lopez,Young,Kearns in the field. Now he wants Dunn?

He didn't win in Cincy with those guys and he won't win in DC with them.
    Doesn't he have Deangelo Jimenez too?

Color me unimpressed by both moves. Dunn for Codero and Rauch..? And what young starter?

And unless Griffey can bring back a young starter or catcher and two other prospects
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

If Dunn goes to DC for that return, the days of Dan O'Brien will suddenly look like the golden years of Reds baseball.

Cordero is an awful, awful target for the Reds. (Kind of like Majewski, but more expensive).

Oh please. This is just Jimbo floating out his trade ideas through his normal channel of leaks.

yeah...

No way K would go for that little after the pricetag was set so high.

IF Dunn were to get traded for something like that (or a comparable move) Jocketty is as good as hired.

Maybe the Reds KNOW they are not picking up Dunn's option so they will take the best deal avaliable. Would you rather have Cordero and Rauch or draft picks?

Come on guys, get what you can for Dunn and let's move on. He is a homerun hitter with numerous liabilities. He shouldnt play against lefties, because he has no clue against them. I am sick and tired of people defending him, claiming he is worth more then what we could get, but lets be honest he isn't. His value is higher with the reds then with anyone else in baseball, we just need to except it, dump him and use his 13 million wisely this offseason.

Turn Off Ads?