Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rudi Johnson

Rudi Johnson

As if the trade deadline wasn't enough:

I just went out to visit our hot dog vendor (which is partly why I wanted to post this...who posts rumors from a hot dog vendor, I digress) and he said that he signed up for text updates on his cell phone for the Bengals. He said that he received a text message 5 minutes ago that told him Rudi Johnson was out for the season. I haven't been able to confirm this online yet, but if so...YIKES. I know the Bengals have Chris Perry and they just signed Irons a day or two ago, but still, that's going to hurt the Bengals playoff hopes dramatically if true. I'll look to see if I can find some confirmation of this story online...
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rudi Johnson

The Bengals beat writer updated his blog less than an hour ago with notes from the morning practice and he had nothing about it. One of the rookie free agent TEs had to be taken to the hospital this morning with a neck injury but I have seen nothing about Rudi.

Thanks, Reds Fanatic and keep an eye out for any news. In looking at the major sites, I haven't seen anything about it posted yet. The hot dog vendor guy is actually a really nice guy and I would have no reason to believe he'd lie to me about it. I talk sports with him all of the time. I just thought that if he said that he got a text message update on his cell phone, that it must be true. Why would he lie about saying he received it?

Obviously, I'm still a little skeptical of this whole thing since I haven't seen it confirmed yet, but I find it strange that he'd get a message if it weren't true.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

High five!

Here's a link to the story.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Ive scoured my various Bengals' sources and have found nothing FWIW.

Maybe they were talking about their Madden league?
    Witty signature.

What's in the hot dogs?
    Go Gators!

I'm going to give this another 1/2 hour and if nothing comes of it, I'm going to walk outside and demand compensation in the form of two dogs with chili, cheese and mustard for making up such a cruel, evil rumor.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    As if the trade deadline wasn't enough:

I just went out to visit our hot dog vendor (which is partly why I wanted to post this...who posts rumors from a hot dog vendor, I digress) and he said that he signed up for text updates on his cell phone for the Bengals. He said that he received a text message 5 minutes ago that told him Rudi Johnson was out for the season. I haven't been able to confirm this online yet, but if so...YIKES. I know the Bengals have Chris Perry and they just signed Irons a day or two ago, but still, that's going to hurt the Bengals playoff hopes dramatically if true. I'll look to see if I can find some confirmation of this story online...

"Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    "Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."
    He's dying???

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    He's dying???
    I'm gonna need 3 hot dogs if that's the case...
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    I'm gonna need 3 hot dogs if that's the case...

Walk around training camp with the tin cup and sandwich board sign reading "Save Rudi" a la Ferris.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Thank you, Simone.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    Thank you, Simone.

No problem whatsoever.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Senor Votto

When I saw this thread I thought: Oh man another Bengal in jail.

And as I read this I had the sudden urge to watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

I heard that if he dies he is going to donate his eyes to Stevie Wonder.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?