Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: bellhorn comin up might not stay

Re: bellhorn comin up might not stay

Doesn't matter. Tone is a big deal on this board. How things are presented. His tone is horrific and the style beyond annoying.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Why? What does it add? Because it certainly has detracted from the normally insightful and well thought out posts that had been the hallmark of this sub-forum. Sifting through his garbage and the responses to his garbage really blows.
    Well, "insightful" and "well thought out" are debatable. But to answer your question, KeyMastur is making things interesting. If you find it bothersome, you can ignore his posts.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/profile.php?do=editlist

(I've never used that function, but I presume it will allow you to not see someone's posts.)

If you respond to his posts, he's only going to feed off of that. In the meantime, I'd like to see what he has to say next.

Why do I have to do that when someone won't conform to the general rules of the site? Here's a suggestion...why doesn't he find a way to present his information in a respectful manner that doesn't pollute this forum?

And, given how hard Doug, OBM and others work in this sub-forum at imparting information, I am not comfortable joking about "insightful" and "well thought out". There is little question that the energies of some talented and passionate fans make this particular forum very enlightening.

Forgive me for thinking that is worth preserving.

Or people can keep encouraging trollish behavior. I happen to think the sub-forum is valuable enough to question why he should be so encouraged.
    Last edited by membengal; 07-31-2007 at 10:43 AM.

The trend with trolls is that they don't last very long. If he provides insider information while being mildly obnoxious, I don't really mind. If he becomes more disrespectful or remains this disrespectful for a long period of time, I think he should be banned, and if it turns out that there is zero substance to his posts, I think he should be banned ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Why do I have to do that when someone won't conform to the general rules of the site? Here's a suggestion...why doesn't he find a way to present his information in a respectful manner that doesn't pollute this forum?

And, given how hard Doug, OBM and others work in this sub-forum at imparting information, I am not comfortable joking about "insightful" and "well thought out". There is little question that the energies of some talented and passionate fans make this particular forum very enlightening.

Forgive me for thinking that is worth preserving.

Or people can keep encouraging trollish behavior. I happen to think the sub-forum is valuable enough to question why he should be so encouraged.
    Should KeyMastur provide his information in a more respectful way? Absolutely. Would he? Absolutely not.

Trolls get on message boards to annoy people. When people show they are annoyed, the trolls feel accomplished. Therefore, when you express your discontent, you're the one encouraging the troll.

Even though KeyMastur is being trollish, when you look beyond that (not that I'd expect anyone to), he's actually inciting very interesting conversation.

Ah yes, the ol' blame the victim ploy when someone is trolling.

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Even though KeyMastur is being trollish, when you look beyond that (not that I'd expect anyone to), he's actually inciting very interesting conversation.
    That's the sticking point for me. Do I like his tone on this board? Not really, but it hasn't been "absolutely unacceptable" either. I've definitely seen worse on this board before and it has gone unpunished. He is providing information that is sparking good conversation in this forum. He was correct on the Cantu trade and as much as I hate to say it, I believe he does have insider information.

Having said all of that, as of 4:30 today, the trade deadline will have passed, we'll know what moves were made and in all likelihood KeyMastur will fade back into the background. If, after the deadline, he continues to post in the tone he is currently posting in, I will warn him and likely remove his posts/threads at that time.

So, KeyMastur, if you are going to continue to contribute to this board, and this forum in particular, please change the tone of your posts or we'll have to deal with the situation a little differently.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

KeyMastur

wow...i give you information before you read it on mlb.com or even see it on the ticker, and i get labeled as a troll....nice. this is actually a picture of me that someone took

i'm kind of confused by my "tone" i'm posting in. i've done nothing but post facts about promotions, and like someone said, sparked good conversation about homer....

Officious is as officious does.

Believe it or not, good conversation about Homer has been plentiful in these parts. For years.

If you have stuff you wish to share, please do so. Respectfully.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur View Post
    i'm kind of confused by my "tone" i'm posting in. i've done nothing but post facts about promotions, and like someone said, sparked good conversation about homer....
    My whole problem is with the Wayne Krivsky role playing. Obviously, you are not Wayne Krivsky, so stop pretending that you are. If you are privy to insider information, that's fine, but don't act like you are the GM because everyone knows you are not. Wayne Krivsky doesn't have the time to post on this board at the trade deadline and usually any other time of the year. Also, if these are major league trade rumors you are discussing, they should be posted in the SunDeck: http://www.redszone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24

The Minor League Forum is for discussing minor league activity. I understand there is kind of a grey area there since some trades are major league players for minor league players in return. Generally, though, if a trade is made by the Reds, it should be posted on the major league forums, which in your case, would be the SunDeck.

Lastly, show respect and be polite.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

KeyMastur

So i'm not W.K. you got me there. But you have to admit that adds humor. I think everyone knows I'm not WK anyways.

I just reached 50 posts, and rumor was you can't post in Sun Deck til 50 posts. So, I post my info where I can post.....

Since when were you concerned with the board's guidelines?

Key, thanks for the info that you are providing. Are you hearing anything else that may be going on?

KeyMastur

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Since when were you concerned with the board's guidelines?
    ?? i'll assume you were talking to me.

really wasn't, but if you're referring to me talkign about posting in the Sun Deck...you know as well i found out [a few days ago] that you can't post there til you have 50 posts or 60 days service time. so like i said, i'll post my info in the sub-forum where i'm able to post....

KeyMastur

Quote Originally Posted by sammonator View Post
    Key, thanks for the info that you are providing. Are you hearing anything else that may be going on?
    i'll let you know in a few hours....

Turn Off Ads?