Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: bellhorn comin up might not stay

Re: bellhorn comin up might not stay

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur View Post
    I hope this trade goes down so I can say I told you so....
    What's the trade?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Maybe Conine and Hatteberg get traded then its Bellhorn/Votto at 1b? Thats about the only thing I can think of that would make it needed to bring up Bellhorn. Even at that... its a stretch.

Cantu and Herr would be up in my eyes before Bellhorn. Bellhorn's not part of the present or future, why waste the space? Herr is 26 and Cantu is 25 might as well see what they got to offer if youre looking for a short term spot.
    Last edited by Slyder; 07-31-2007 at 12:56 AM.

KeyMastur

Votto won't be getting called up. Not yet. We've been trying him in left field to see if he'd be as succesful as Cabrera was in '03 with the transition, but so far it's not working that great. He's been a solid (solid, but not the best) defender at 1st base for the Bats, so i'd like to keep him there and maybe figure out something else before i resort to Votto in left..

2 questions
    Is Dunn getting traded?
    Can you name Minneasota's top ten prospects?

Votto won't be getting called up. Not yet. We've been trying him in left field to see if he'd be as succesful as Cabrera was in '03 with the transition, but so far it's not working that great. He's been a solid (solid, but not the best) defender at 1st base for the Bats, so i'd like to keep him there and maybe figure out something else before i resort to Votto in left..
    So you're still doing the "pretend to be the GM" thing huh? Well I do have to give you points for originality I don't think anyone on this board has done that before.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

KeyMastur

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    So you're still doing the "pretend to be the GM" thing huh? Well I do have to give you points for originality I don't think anyone on this board has done that before.
    quite possibly.....but how far off mark are my comments ?? i'd say spot on.....

Throwing darts ??? I'm givin you inside info before you read it on reds.com
    Not throwing darts, just asking. My credibility meter goes off when I see three threads started with titles that intimate "facts", when they seem to be conjectures on your part. It's a bit boorish, particularly with nothing to establish your bona fides as to how you're privy to such inside information. I guess we'll see.

Boorish is being kind, redsmetz.

It's a form of trolling, and it's absolutely polluting this forum.

It's definitely trolling, but I'm enjoying every minute of it. I hope "Wayne" keeps 'em comin'.

Could it be that Dunn, EE, Dumatrait and perhaps another are headed for the Twins? Just a wild guess.

Dunn obviously on the block.
    Twins make salary room trading Castillo for minor leaguers.
    Twins need third baseman.
    Dumatrait pulled out of game, not called up.
    Bellhorn standing by to fill in at third.
    Reds willing to give up a lot for top pitching prospect.

Again, just a wild guess.

I think Ensberg being DFA'd really is hurting Wayne if he was negotiating a deal of EE to the Twins. The Twins now have another option, and they can acquire that with money, and likely won't have to deal any of their top prospects to get it. That means, if Wayne wants to move EE, he's going to have to settle for less. Not a situation I want him dealing in. I'm not against dealing EE, but you've got to get a stud prospect in return to do it. Otherwise, it's just dumping him to dump him and the Reds can't afford to be playing that game (again).
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I know there's a good fit out there for Ryan Freel, though, and I'd like to see him moved. Freel has an affordable contract and plays numerous positions. Bellhorn would be an ideal replacement for him on the bench, IMO, and I could see Freel pulling in a team's 5-10 prospect.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I could see EE going to the Twins, but I doubt they have any interest in Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    It's definitely trolling, but I'm enjoying every minute of it. I hope "Wayne" keeps 'em comin'.
    Why? What does it add? Because it certainly has detracted from the normally insightful and well thought out posts that had been the hallmark of this sub-forum. Sifting through his garbage and the responses to his garbage really blows.

You guys are blowing up Key, but he did drop the hint on Cantu before anybody else had anything......

Turn Off Ads?