Turn Off Ads?

Thread: NY baseball fan killed mother as team lost

NY baseball fan killed mother as team lost

NY baseball fan killed mother as team lost: prosecutors

Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:07PM EDT
    NEW YORK (Reuters) - A New York man has been charged with beating his mother to death with a barbell after losing his temper while watching a baseball game on television.
    Michael Anthony, 25, was watching the New York Mets lose a game on Saturday from his home in the borough of Queens when he began furiously banging on the walls, Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said in a statement on Monday.
    His father Fred Fischman shouted at him to stop, but Anthony punched him in the face and threw him to the ground, according to the criminal charges.
    When Anthony's mother, Maria Fischman, 61, tried to intervene, prosecutors said he stabbed her once in the head with a knife before chasing her into a bedroom where he struck her several times with the 20 pound (9 kilogram) barbell.
    "It is difficult to imagine a crime more heinous than that of a son viciously attacking his parents and, in the process, fatally beating his mother to death," Brown said.
    Anthony has been remanded in custody and faces a maximum of life in prison if convicted.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domes...rpc=22&sp=true

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NY baseball fan killed mother as team lost

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    NY baseball fan killed mother as team lost: prosecutors

Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:07PM EDT
    NEW YORK (Reuters) - A New York man has been charged with beating his mother to death with a barbell after losing his temper while watching a baseball game on television.
    Michael Anthony, 25, was watching the New York Mets lose a game on Saturday from his home in the borough of Queens when he began furiously banging on the walls, Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said in a statement on Monday.
    His father Fred Fischman shouted at him to stop, but Anthony punched him in the face and threw him to the ground, according to the criminal charges.
    When Anthony's mother, Maria Fischman, 61, tried to intervene, prosecutors said he stabbed her once in the head with a knife before chasing her into a bedroom where he struck her several times with the 20 pound (9 kilogram) barbell.
    "It is difficult to imagine a crime more heinous than that of a son viciously attacking his parents and, in the process, fatally beating his mother to death," Brown said.
    Anthony has been remanded in custody and faces a maximum of life in prison if convicted.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domes...rpc=22&sp=true
    Wow, imagine if he was a reds fan

But in all seriousness, that is just really sad and sick. I would have to think that there is more to it then just the mets losing, but it is a hard crime to even fathom. Just horrible.

Holy cow, what will he do when new Phillie Kyle Lohse spearheads the hostile takeover of the NL East?

"Hey, matricidal Met fan....three game lead, two game lead, one game lead....(poof)"

Dear God, give him the chair right now.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    NEW YORK (Reuters) - Michael Anthony, 25, was watching the New York Mets lose a game on Saturday... Anthony has been remanded in custody and faces a maximum of life in prison if convicted.
    I guess when Eddie's son, Wolfgang, took over his bass gig in Van Halen he was never the same guy.

To bring it around a bit, I believe Van Halen's Michael Anthony was actually a decent catching prospect before he found another career path. But hey, while we're adapting the conversation . . .

uoduck1017

I once punched a door when the Reds lost to the Mets a few years ago. Needless to say, I now know how to contol my emotions. If I hit a door everytime the Reds lose nowadays, I would either 1. have no doors left or 2. have no hand left. These Reds have taught me a lot about self-discipline.

Turn Off Ads?