Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Bowman Chrome Baseball

2007 Bowman Chrome Baseball

Just a heads up if anybody likes collecting rookies of Reds prospects. This years bowman chrome product (due out August 17) will have rookies of Johnny Cueto and Autographed rookies of Justin Reed. As anybody knows who collects baseball cards, Bowman Chrome rookies are typically among the most popular rookie cards, so ya might wanna stock up what you can of these kids.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2007 Bowman Chrome Baseball

Forgot, Fisher's rookie will be in here too

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Good call. I forgot that was coming out soon!

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Good call. I forgot that was coming out soon!

I have a 12 box case on reserve! Joba Chamberlain rookie auto, Tim Lincecum rookie auto, Fernando Martinez rookie auto among others......c'mon Joba Orange Auto!

Lol, I have all but given up on trying to get autographed rookies of guys that arent Reds prospects these days. The prospecting game just got way too expensive for my taste.

Lol, I have all but given up on trying to get autographed rookies of guys that arent Reds prospects these days. The prospecting game just got way too expensive for my taste.

oh no doubt. really the only way to do it is how I do it. buy one product in bulk. Keep the guys you really want, and sell off lots of the players you don't really care about whenever they get hot on Ebay. That way, you can pay off most of the price of the boxes that you bought, while getting to keep some really sweet stuff for later......

thought you might like this too. just 2 weeks ago, i bought a PSA/DNA Jay Bruce auto'd rookie ball. He signed it, "Jay Bruce Reds 2005 1st round pick 32" It was only the 13th Bruce ball authenticated by PSA.

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    oh no doubt. really the only way to do it is how I do it. buy one product in bulk. Keep the guys you really want, and sell off lots of the players you don't really care about whenever they get hot on Ebay. That way, you can pay off most of the price of the boxes that you bought, while getting to keep some really sweet stuff for later......

thought you might like this too. just 2 weeks ago, i bought a PSA/DNA Jay Bruce auto'd rookie ball. He signed it, "Jay Bruce Reds 2005 1st round pick 32" It was only the 13th Bruce ball authenticated by PSA.
    Yeah, buying a case or two is a way to get close to breaking even and keeping what you want unless you get a big hitter in your case of an absolute stud. I just don't have the money to do that though lol. Hopefully you do good with your breaks though and if you get any extra Reds rookies that you are looking to move, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Nice pick up on the Bruce ball. I got him to sign a baseball at a Dragons game last year. That felt weird being that I am older than him and asking for his autograph.... I dont like getting old.

How much is a case of 12 of these Bowmans? I'm just asking out of curiousity. I collected cards back between 1990-1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    How much is a case of 12 of these Bowmans? I'm just asking out of curiousity. I collected cards back between 1990-1999.
    780 at the first place I looked.

Yeah, they'll prob cost you anywhere from 750-800. Check around on EBay. You get 12 boxes in a case, and each box comes with 1 autograph. Make sure you get the hobby boxes, and not the retail. Hobby issue are the only ones with a guaranteed auto per box.

If you have the extra money, this product makes a great investment piece. The boxes start out at about 70-75 per box on the first shipments. After that, the prices gradually creep up as the products prospects start to receive more hype. If you can buy a case, and have the patience to stash it for a year or two, then sell it off on EBay box by box, you can typically double your money. For an example, go on EBay right now and search "2001 bowman chrome bsaeball hobby box". This was the year that produced Pujols, and those started out around 70 dollars. There are none up for auction, but buy it now's run for 450-500 A BOX! The cheapest 2002 buy in now is $250 a box, 2003 sits at $135, 2004 $100, 2005 $122, and 2006 $105. So, basically, you could sit on it for a year, and sell the boxes off at a $25 profit per box, giving you a $300 profit on a case.

I really expect this years product to be hot too. DiceK rookies, Lincecum rookie autos, Chamberlain rookie auto's, fernando martinez rookie auto's, Betances auto, Henry Sosa Auto, Hunter Pence auto (not his rc though), and Luke Hochevar's auto'd rc.

here's the checklist.

http://www.topps.com/product/Product...roduct_Id=1217

Yeah, buying a case or two is a way to get close to breaking even and keeping what you want unless you get a big hitter in your case of an absolute stud. I just don't have the money to do that though lol. Hopefully you do good with your breaks though and if you get any extra Reds rookies that you are looking to move, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Nice pick up on the Bruce ball. I got him to sign a baseball at a Dragons game last year. That felt weird being that I am older than him and asking for his autograph.... I dont like getting old.
    Man, I hear ya there! I am turning 33 in 2 weeks, and went to the USA game Saturday here in Durham NC. I got teh team to sign a bat and ball for me, as well as Pedro Alverez and a few other star players to sign single balls or photos, and I felt a lil like a weirdo asking them, just kids, to sign an auto for me!! Oh well, I will ask again

Well bounty, you have nearly 10 years on me (23), but still it was a strange feeling.

well then, wait 10 more years and see how you feel Esp when you look at most older collectors, man, I looked at some of hte other guys asking for autos, and was like "dang, I hope I dont look like as big a tool as the rest of these guys Oh well. I started collecting autos when I was 8 years old, and have the bug still, my wife has even joined me in collecting. Are you strictly a Reds collector? Maybe we can make some trades sometime of some of our extras? I wish RZ had a traders section, although I can see the headaches and concerns not to have one, but I have a ton of extras of autos, memorablia, and would love to trade them for others, I just dont like to straight out sell any of my stuff.

I pretty much only collect Reds stuff. Ive got a few non Reds items but mostly its just stuff from my other favorites around baseball. I used to collect pretty much a little bit of everything but over the past few years I have moved a lot of it just for Reds stuff. Keeping my collection to just Reds stuff has made collecting more fun. Still one big thing missing from my collection though is a Ted Kluszewski autographed photo or card with the Reds as a player. I had a chance to pick up a nice auto of his on a photo a few years ago for 50 bucks and I have regretted not picking it up ever since.

I think the thing with a RZ trader section is that if things go bad, and they do sometimes because well, everyone isn't always the most honest, it reflects bad on the site and Im pretty sure thats not what guys are looking for.

I fully understand why RZ wouldnt want to do this, just would be neat if there was a place like that. I too collect mainly Reds stuff, but have extras of a lot of stuff that I wouldnt mind trading for other Reds stuff. BTW, I have a nice Klu auto from my dad-he used to live by Klu's bar when he was in grad school, and would go down and have drinks with him after games or his classes.
    I opened 3 boxes of Bowman last night, pulled a Red Sox Japanese pitcher (not Dice-K) signed in Japanese, a Eva Longoria auto, and Jeffries I think his name was (Phillies #2 prospect the back said).

Turn Off Ads?