Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Bowman Chrome Baseball

Re: 2007 Bowman Chrome Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I fully understand why RZ wouldnt want to do this, just would be neat if there was a place like that. I too collect mainly Reds stuff, but have extras of a lot of stuff that I wouldnt mind trading for other Reds stuff. BTW, I have a nice Klu auto from my dad-he used to live by Klu's bar when he was in grad school, and would go down and have drinks with him after games or his classes.
    I opened 3 boxes of Bowman last night, pulled a Red Sox Japanese pitcher (not Dice-K) signed in Japanese, a Eva Longoria auto, and Jeffries I think his name was (Phillies #2 prospect the back said).
    Did she sign it with a kiss?

Something else to look into is the Upper Deck Legendary Cuts set. Those signed cards go for good $$$ on eBay, if you find ones you don't want. Wally Post was in the 2006 set, but I haven't seen the 2007 checklist yet.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Oops, left off the "n", freudian slip, or wishful thinkin?? Man, dont I wish My coworker is a costume desginer for many movies and such, and did something with the pretty Eva a couple years back, I tried ot get her to steal a pair of her draw's for me, to no avail

Just opened up 6 boxes today. Got 3 Cueto rookies, 3 Lincecum rookies, Cahill refractor auto. None of the big hitters for the rookie auto's though....gonna try 6 more boxes in a couple of weeks.

I actually sold my collection of all sports cards and received 60k. I gave it up after that now I just want bobble heads and fun stuff just for me . Tired of the money angle never was my intention as a kid. I loved my cards but they reached a value and dust gathered it was time to cut bait. 5 yr old daughters college is paid I am debt free and I have a beautiful 5th wheel trailer.

If $$$$$ is reason a person collects bravo to them but remember u actually need some one to pay the value. Number 2 thats not baseball thats a stock market and when money taints your baseball. No good can come of it. Collect for love of players the rest is just gravy.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

I have 3 boxes of Chrome in the mail to me, as well as a box of Allen & Ginter. Keeping my fingers crossed for that big pull

I'm gonna open 6 more tommorrow! Can't wait! And yeah, it's all about the big hit.

To all the collectors out there. I thought that the MLB signed with topps and upper deck to be the 2 card makers out there. I also thought that they did away with minor league cards and they were only going to release cards when the player made it to the majors.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    To all the collectors out there. I thought that the MLB signed with topps and upper deck to be the 2 card makers out there. I also thought that they did away with minor league cards and they were only going to release cards when the player made it to the majors.
    They did. Topps has a nice little work around though. They have 'first year player' cards, not 'rookie' cards. Collectors know better. You still want the players first appearance on his card and its still his rookie card no matter what MLB tries to tell me.

^yup, what he said. Its all about getting the first card, not what they say is "rookie", although do the rookie cards or first year player cards hold more value, I havent really noticed yet?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

First year player cards have more value, becuase anyone that actually collects cards knows that they are the true rookie cards no matter what the company actually tells you. For example, Ryan Braun has 'rookie cards' out this year. But he already had first year cards in BCDP a few years ago.

That's just way too much work just to recoup your money back.

I ran the baseball card side of a business in 1986, 1987, 1988, and part of 1989 in a Numismatist/Baseball Card shop. There was good profit back then, but it was discovered that about 7-8 guys that were in the industry were price-fixing the Price Guides (they'd get together in Hawaii and have a heck of a time). You could make a killing back then, but you had to know someone who worked at the Costco's shipping departments and they you'd pay them off in order to get the "limited" number of cases available those years.

Then the market got flooded by Topps, Donruss, and Fleer, and supply far exceeded demand. The older cards were the only ones that had "real" value. There were "phony" price increases shown in the baseball guides through the small group of men that controlled those periodicals, but the end was near. It no longer was profitable as a business and it was time to get out.

It was a lot of fun. I paid for a trip to San Francisco in June of 1987 with Eric Davis Rookie Cards. He was on the cover of Sports Illustrated after he'd hit his 3rd Grand Slam of the month in May, the last one against the Phillies. His card was at it's zenith. I had a mix of about 35 Donruss, Topps and Fleer Rookies that I stopped at a show in the Bay Area and sold them all. I made about a 700% profit on them as I had gotten most of them about a year-and-a-half earlier. It was a true investment then.

It's amazing how many different cards there are now. I couldn't begin to keep them all straight.

This thread was interesting reading.

I always told everyone. Collect your cards as a hobby first, then you'll always enjoy the experience. Davis is my all-time favorite sports personality. It was fun to watch him rise to stardom, even if the star didn't shine too long.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Got some solid hits in that case today......2-3 more Cueto's (6 total), Lincecum Auto, Fernando Martinez auto, Chris Perez refractor auto, and a Samardzjia auto.

My bowmans didnt come in, I opened a box of Allen and Ginter, got a Hamilton rookie, a Torri Hunter auto, adn Piazza bat card. Hope my Chromes are on the door when I get home tonight!

K, opened my 2 boxes last night. Got a Will Venable auto (max's son), and a redemption card for a Wes Hodges auto card. Got a few other good pulls for regular cards. I havent figured this out yet-never really looked into it to be honest, are the Chrome cards that come in the regular Bowman packs released a few months ago seeded/numbered the same as the regular Chrome series? I was wondering after looking through last night, and seeing the Chrome cards arent marked as first Bowman Chrome card.
    I also opened a USA set last night, and pulled a Stubbs auto jersey card!!!! Got 2 David Price sigs as well, one a dual sig/jersey, and a past/present atuo with him and a junior team member.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

That USA set is sweet. I'm thinking of snagging a box of those.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?