Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Braves Offering Reyes for Arroyo

Braves Offering Reyes for Arroyo

The Braves are making a push to get one of the better starting pitchers available. They're willing to give up pitching prospect Jo-Jo Reyes to get Bronson Arroyo. My guess is that Reyes alone would not be enough; the Braves might have to dip into the farm system and pull out another prospect.

If you're a Braves fan, you're really have to admire John Schuerholz's willingness to go for broke. Maybe he's found a market inefficiency in teams overvaluing prospects.
    Not sure if I would do it for just Jo-jo.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    uoduck1017

Re: Braves Offering Reyes for Arroyo

I wouldn't. Throw in Yunel Escobar and I would call it a deal. However, the Braves would probably be reluctant to do that because they traded Elvis Andrus to the Rangers.

Hell no
    Most Vottomatic Player

No-No for just Jo-Jo

the braves seem to be going for it all this year, if they add in a top 'spect or two, as much as i love bronson, i'm probably down for the trade. make them overpay in a weak starters market

just now on ESPN Amy Nelson told the guys on Baseball Tonight that Krivsky told Arroyo he wont be traded

supposedly the braves are now including Yunel Escobar with Reyes....interesting

This is from Fay. Would you all do Reyes and Escobar for Arroyo? I would.
    http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/

Deadline nearer still

The other name I heard in the Braves-Bronson Arroyo talk was Yunel Escobar, the highly rated shortstop. He was Atlanta's second-round pick in 2005. He's a Cuban defector

Quote Originally Posted by MasonBuzz3 View Post
    supposedly the braves are now including Yunel Escobar with Reyes....interesting
    I would do that deal

i would too, i would also be calling around to move seabass, but i dont know how many takers there would be

they said on baseball tonight that arroyo had a meeting with krivsky, and told him he didn't want to be traded, and krivsky said he wouldn't be.

No way,the Braves traded their big bargaining chip with us to the Rangers.

Jo-Jo and Yunel? SAY YES!

To be honest, im soso on this trade but i kind of want some changes. I like arroyo but i think we need to fully rebuild. Not just 1 or 2 players like in the past. It doesnt look like any of the big chips will be traded and that is pretty dissapointing. Hopefully something happens but time is running out.

Escobar is a stud alone, I would almost go excobar for arroyo alone.. but throw in jo-jo and as a 5th starter this trade fits well..

Turn Off Ads?