83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes- I want Adam for 1 more year

61 73.49%
  • No- Give me the draft picks

22 26.51%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Adam Dunn's Option Poll

The Adam Dunn's Option Poll

Now that we know that Adam Dunn will be a Red the rest of the year, it is time for the next big question. Would you like the Reds to pick up his 13 million option, or receive 2 draft picks for Adam Dunn. I believe they receive one A or B pick in the first round, and another pick sandwiched between the first and second rounds. Vote Yes if you would like the Reds to pick up his option, and No if you want the draft picks. I voted to pick up his option, because we don't have a comparable outfielder to take his place right now.
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 07-31-2007 at 10:01 PM. Reason: To show my vote

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Adam Dunn's Option Poll

draft picks? thats just crazy

Going for the draft picks is not necessarily crazy. It would save the Reds 13 million dollars, and they could get 2 players who might the Reds in the future. Signing the draft picks will cost some money, though.

Roster glue

I didn't vote...in order to get compensation picks, Dunn will have to be offered arbitration, and he will accept, as he will certainly make more than the 13 million due for his option, plus the Reds have a 500K buyout of the option. Trying to get draft picks would be a gambit that would blow up in Wayne Krivsky's face like an exploding cigar.

From what I know of arbitration, it is never a sure thing that any player will automatically accept. Rich Aurilia declined, and he got a better deal with the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    From what I know of arbitration, it is never a sure thing that any player will automatically accept. Rich Aurilia declined, and he got a better deal with the Giants.
    I don't think that was arbitration. I'm pretty sure RA was a free agent and decided to sign for more $ and to play with his old team, the Giants.

I believe he was offered arbitration by the Reds, and he turned it down. That is why they got draft picks for Aurilia.

Roster glue

That is correct, AR, but I would have to believe there is at least a good possibility Dunn would accept. A matter of opinion, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I believe he was offered arbitration by the Reds, and he turned it down. That is why they got draft picks for Aurilia.
    Oh ok, yeah you're right. He declined our arbitration offer and signed as a FA with the Giants.

got alil captain in u?

i've seen enough of dunn im ready for a change. Trade him or get the draft picks either way change is needed. We can find a free agen to play left. No one will put up the offensive numbers dunn will but this team just needs a fresh start.

Quote Originally Posted by boognish View Post
    That is correct, AR, but I would have to believe there is at least a good possibility Dunn would accept. A matter of opinion, I suppose.
    You could be right. Arbitration is always a risky process. I remember reading that the Reds offered several players arbitation last year, even though the Reds were hoping they would turn it down, and sign with other teams. It all depends on Adam Dunn. If he wants to stay in Cincinnati, he will accept arbitration. On the other hand, if he wants to play somewhere else, he would decline arbitration like Aurilia did

Senor Votto

If you add up the polls from the Sun Deck and the ORG you get a result of:

Yes: 54 votes
    No: 8 votes

I'd say there's about 0% chance Wayne doesn't pick up the option, otherwise he would have just taken the Cordero/Rauch offer. I'm starting to believe that Krivsky really does value Dunn - I'm pretty sure it was Wayne who gave him the 3 year contract, and he apparently was only willing to trade him for a king's ransom. Now let's see if he tries to extend Dunn in the offseason.

C

Sign Adam Dunn long term.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    C

Sign Adam Dunn long term.
    The best choice and it's not even on the poll.

Turn Off Ads?