Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it getting more than a little shrill?

Is it getting more than a little shrill?

... and I certainly have had my moments as well.

In the end we are all Reds fans and want them to win but lamenting WK is going nowhere. He didn't make any trades, for whatever reason, and maybe that is for the best. It was the Reds off-season(or a lack on one) that led to the 2007 season.

We really don't know if they are trying to win now, trying to build or doing something else entirely. What is obvious is that the team in it's current configuration is nowhere near good enough to contend and the options coming up from the minors are very limited in the short term.

Hopefully the Reds FO will spend the next 2 months finalizing a get well plan and implement it in the off-season.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is it getting more than a little shrill?

Thanks, Flyer. I was thinking yesterday, I just want to enjoy the games. I know that's difficult with the losing so much, but I just want to enjoy the games.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Thanks, Flyer. I was thinking yesterday, I just want to enjoy the games. I know that's difficult with the losing so much, but I just want to enjoy the games.
    You know what I find more intriguing, and positive is watching or following the minors. Even if a prospect doesn't do well, someone else will. The Bats have a very impressive team right now.

What I know of the Reds comes from my TV, me being at games, and from my web browser. Sometimes it's good just to set the browser aside.

Heck, set the TV aside as well. Got watch a ballgame in person somewhere. Last evening while I was waiting for my youngest to finish marching band practice, I watched a couple 12-13 yr. old AABC teams play at the high school field. They were darn good. The sunset was pretty, the grass was green (well, greenish-brown), and the baseball was good. Doesn't get much better than that.

The Reds will get better someday. I guarantee that. Just a matter of when.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Got watch a ballgame in person somewhere. Last evening while I was waiting for my youngest to finish marching band practice, I watched a couple 12-13 yr. old AABC teams play at the high school field. They were darn good. The sunset was pretty, the grass was green (well, greenish-brown), and the baseball was good. Doesn't get much better than that.
    get out go do something. I went to see Alison Krauss and Union Station on Sunday. What a great concert and a fun time.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    get out go do something. I went to see Alison Krauss and Union Station on Sunday. What a great concert and a fun time.
    I was there! 2nd row. What an awesome concert that was. My wife said that there was a write-up in one of the local papers that it was a bad show because of the venue (EJ Nutter center). It said "folk concerts should be played in small venues." Well, it would have been nice if the author would have realized that the Nutter was basically cut in 1/4 for the concert. Admittedly, I was up close, so everything sounded "small," but I don't think it mattered where you sat, Allison's voice was awesome (as usual) and the instrumental play was superb.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Went and saw the White Stripes last night outdoors in Southaven, MS. It was a wonderful respite.

RL got second row seats to oogle at Alison.

Last night I hit wiffle golf balls with my kids in the backyard. Good Times.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    I was there! 2nd row. What an awesome concert that was. My wife said that there was a write-up in one of the local papers that it was a bad show because of the venue (EJ Nutter center). It said "folk concerts should be played in small venues." Well, it would have been nice if the author would have realized that the Nutter was basically cut in 1/4 for the concert. Admittedly, I was up close, so everything sounded "small," but I don't think it mattered where you sat, Allison's voice was awesome (as usual) and the instrumental play was superb.
    We were in the 7th row. I love Alison's dry sense of humor as well. The level of talent of AKUS with both instruments and voices is amazing.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Good post Flyer. I can accept a poor outcome if the process is right. You can't win them all. But when you lose confidence in the process, you start to lose hope. I found myself watching other ballgames last night because, frankly, baseball is about the big picture. Sure, there are going to be little bits of interest. I still like to watch Junior, Dunn, and Hatteberg's at bats. I like to watch the young pitchers. But I'm losing interest in the Reds as a character in the greater drama.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I complain as much as anyone, but as soon as the Reds game comes on my TV, I'm happy again. Even when NoHo bats leadoff and Keppinger plays instead of Encarnacion, I still enjoy watching the games.

When the game ends, though, I grab my rope and pitons and head right back to ***** Mountain.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    RL got second row seats to oogle at Alison.

Your darn tootin'
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Your darn tootin'
    too bad she doesn't wear tight and revealing outfits.

Had my head handed to me over the weekend in Vegas. Would have rather been complaining about the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I grab my rope and pitons and head right back to ***** Mountain.
    Brokeback??
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?