Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 8-1-07 Reds v. Nationals

Re: 8-1-07 Reds v. Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I'm not sold that EE has a bright future anywhere.
    Nor should you be. He still has a lot to prove. But seeing as he probably has little trade value and since there are no other in-house options with even a chance of a bright future, you keep running him out there and hope he finds his bat again.

Most players who make the majors at 22 years old because of their bat, have at least a few productive years ahead of them. He wouldn't be the first 24 year old to struggle in the major leagues.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Here's a question--did the Reds keep the wrong 1B about six or seven years ago when they kept Sean Casey instead of Dmitri Young? I really liked both of them, but it's scary to think what D-Train could do at GABP.

They had Konerko too even before that. I thought they should have shopped all three but they anointed Casey as the 1B. Although we got Mike Cameron for Konerko, a trade a lot of Reds fans, including myself, did not like at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    They had Konerko too even before that. I thought they should have shopped all three but they anointed Casey as the 1B. Although we got Mike Cameron for Konerko, a trade a lot of Reds fans, including myself, did not like at the time.
    Of course Cameron later became a component of the Griffey trade...

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post
    Nor should you be. He still has a lot to prove. But seeing as he probably has little trade value and since there are no other in-house options with even a chance of a bright future, you keep running him out there and hope he finds his bat again.

Most players who make the majors at 22 years old because of their bat, have at least a few productive years ahead of them. He wouldn't be the first 24 year old to struggle in the major leagues.
    This is, more or less, what I was going for.

I'm not saying I'm convinced one way or the other on EE, but he still has youth on his side. We're not in contention this year, so I see no reason not to get him as many AB's as possible. Freel/Bellhorn/whomever else should only be starting at third to occasionally spell him, or if he's injured, IMO.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Here's a question--did the Reds keep the wrong 1B about six or seven years ago when they kept Sean Casey instead of Dmitri Young? I really liked both of them, but it's scary to think what D-Train could do at GABP.
    I think so. I remember I was pretty vocal back then about keeping Da Meathook over Casey.

Since then, Young has had a few down years, but overall, I liked what he brought to the table and he would have been cheaper than Sean.

That is that.

7-2 Nationals..the Reds have beaten them once this season, and have lost another series.

So glad they stood pat.

The Mackanin "magical lift" is over.

As expected, of course.

Turn Off Ads?