Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 8/1/2007 Minor League Updates (Cueto pitching in AAA)

Re: 8/1/2007 Minor League Updates (Cueto pitching in AAA)

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Maloney

4 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 1 BB, 6 K
    Quote Originally Posted by indy_dave00 View Post
    Thru 4 innings Matt Maloney 4 ip-2hits-0 runs-1 walk- 6 strikeouts
    Seems like the Reds got the better end out of that trade
    Most Vottomatic Player

2. Turn Off Ads?

It is only one start. It was a nice start don't get me wrong but give it time before you say who won or lost. In all fairness to Lohse, if he was pitching in AA he would probably be pitching very good too.

Folks, there's no need for anyone to be jealous of the immense talent of Jay Bruce.

If your middle name was F'ing, you'd hit a home run every 15 at-bats too.

Quote Originally Posted by indy_dave00 View Post
    Unlike a lot of Reds fans I don't see Chris Dickerson ever developing into a major league regular, he's already 25 and has a slider speed , mid 80's fastball speed bat.
    I don't understand this post. Chris Dickerson is only 20, and is already at AAA. He plays outstanding defense, and will need a couple of years of development; but he has the potential to be a starting outfielder if he can cut down on the strikeouts. Even if he doesn't start, he would be a better fourth outfielder than Norris Hopper.

Quote Originally Posted by Prf15 View Post
    It is only one start. It was a nice start don't get me wrong but give it time before you say who won or lost. In all fairness to Lohse, if he was pitching in AA he would probably be pitching very good too.
    With Lohse's consistancy problems, he would probably have already surrendered 6 earned runs in AA. It is sad to think I once proposed an extension for Lohse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I doubt it, I seriously doubt it. The guys you just mentioned are not likely to be a RH platoon @ 1st base. Bellhorn could be but only if he lights it up, he may but he is a butcher in the field and he isn't any better a hitter than Cantu. And what I am saying is Conine can and likely will clear waivers and be dealt.

The can't walk thing is overrated at times just look around the league (and the HOF for that matter) for plenty of guys who don't walk much. I ain't comparing Cantu but just sayin' BB's are often overrated, as there are other ways to get on base.
    Why is it automatically assumed that Votto won't be able to hit lefties and will need a platoon partner?

Granted, his .256/.367/.360/.727 OPS vs. lefties doesn't spell great things for lefties in the majors. So yeah, I just contricted myself.

Just for fun, Herr's line vs. lefties this year is .343/.405/.576/.981 OPS vs. lefties.

Cantu's line vs. lefties this year is basically meaningless because of only 21 ABs, so his .468 OPS does not mean much. However, over his MLB career he is better vs. righties then lefties.

vs. LHP:
    .262/.291/.444/.735

vs. RHP:
    .276/.315/.451/.765

Nothing of his past or present says he is a lefty masher.
    "The guy I think could be really good in center is Adam Dunn. If someone asked me if Dunn could be a center fielder for the next 10 years, if he started working on it, no one could explain to me why he couldn’t do it." - Brad Kullman

Drew stubbs is 0-5 so far tonight and has really cooled off. Hopefully he will pick it up again soon.

uoduck1017

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I don't understand this post. Chris Dickerson is only 20, and is already at AAA. He plays outstanding defense, and will need a couple of years of development; but he has the potential to be a starting outfielder if he can cut down on the strikeouts. Even if he doesn't start, he would be a better fourth outfielder than Norris Hopper.
    His DOB is 4/12/82.

Where is anyone getting the idea Chris Dickerson is 20??? He's 25- Jay Bruce is the 20 year old phenom.

Dickerson is 25.

Dickerson is 25. That's not that old, but he's not Jay Bruce.
    "The guy I think could be really good in center is Adam Dunn. If someone asked me if Dunn could be a center fielder for the next 10 years, if he started working on it, no one could explain to me why he couldn’t do it." - Brad Kullman

there is only one Jay Bruce....soon the whole world will know!
    Reds fan since 1970

RedsZone favorite Ryan Jorgensen goes 3-4 tonight. He may be fired up about something
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Jorgensen is 3 for 4 tonight...

bah. I'm a Johnny-Come-Lately.

Turn Off Ads?