Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Do you want to keep Wayne Krivsky as Reds GM?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes- I vote to keep Wayne

66 53.66%
  • No- I want a new GM in Cincinnati

57 46.34%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many of you want a new GM in Cincinnati?

How many of you want a new GM in Cincinnati?

I bring this up because I noticed a lot of posters were upset that Wayne made very few trades. I would like to keep him several more years to see if he can turn the Reds franchise around, but this is your chance to vote to keep Wayne or to vote for a new GM. I vote Yes to keep Wayne.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How many of you want a new GM in Cincinnati?

I vote to get rid of him. I seriously think his judgement is lacking.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

i say keep him, i can't really think of a trade he's made that's hurt the team. i'd give him one more shot to fix up the bullpen, and if he doesn't, then i'd fire him.

i like the cantu trade a lot, plus he got us phillips, arroyo and hamilton.

uoduck1017

I was excited when they hired him and I will continue to support Wayne. Stability is needed for us to create a successfull team in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by uoduck1017 View Post
    IStability is needed for us to create a successfull team in my opinion.
    Well, that and a little bit of talent.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

I don't think it matters a winky cuss what we say but I'm all for new blood. I lost respect for the man at the Narron firing press conference when he broke down like Paris Hilton heading off to jail.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

If we can get Jocketty yes
    Reds fan since 1970

I'm tired of the turnstyle at GM and manager. Hire a respectable proven manager in the offseason, and then give Krivsky and the new manager 3 more years to right this sinking ship.

There is no GM in baseball that hasn't tried a few moves that didn't work out. Krivsky has far more positive moves than bad ones.
    Who's on first?

It's interesting to me that Krivsky continues to get credit for a great acquisition in Bronson Arroyo and yet there seemed to have been little sentiment for our really extending ourselves to keep Kyle Lohse. Their stats this year are nearly identical, and if Lohse were given a long-term deal on the order of the kind he's probably going to get, he'd likely be cheaper than Arroyo after 2008 (at least that's how I understand Arroyo's contract). Also there doesn't seem to be much thought that the Pirates made a good acquisition in Matt Morris and yet Morris's year certainly compares favorably to Arroyo's and there's only one year remaining on his contract, thus giving the Pirates flexibility and also probably making him a lot easier to deal down the stretch next year. To me, the Arroyo trade is about a wash in the evaluation of Krivsky, given what we're paying him after 2008, which is a good bit for a #3-4 starter on a team with a lot of other needs.

A GM has to get at least 5 years. ALOT of people thought Bowden was great until he had a chance to prove otherwise. Let Krivsky prove himself. If we keep changing GM's, we'll never get anyone good to come here.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

O'Brien didn't get five years. I wish he had. 5 O'Brien drafts might have fixed the organization for a long time.

I'll keep him for at least one more season.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    O'Brien didn't get five years. I wish he had. 5 O'Brien drafts might have fixed the organization for a long time.
    Agreed
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

If there's a better GM available get him
    Most Vottomatic Player

Talkin' Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Too bad they couldn't find a way to keep him on the staff to serve in that function.

Turn Off Ads?