Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gap Between AAA & ML levels?

Re: Gap Between AAA & ML levels?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Lots of tweeners in AAA because your studs don't stay there long.
    Thus, the quote from Marty concerning the gap.

Now if you compare AA talent and MLB talent you'll probably get a different opinion.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Im not sure about that, becuase while there is probably more high end talent guys there, there is a lot more low end talent there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    When the 90 strike was setteled they had it so that you were vested on your first day. Now, it was at a low amount, but it does acrue. When did that change? (and more importantly ...why? that was one of the things the union had done right.)
    I couldn't tell you the whens and the whys, I'm afraid. I do know that the most recent version of the plan was written in 1996, though.

But it definitely takes 10 years to become fully vested. In Tom Browning's book, for example, he denies that he closed out his career with two starts in KC simply to accrue the necessary service time to get him up to ten years. But that's what happened, coincidentally.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I think part of what's happening is that athletes have a multitude of outlets. Plus, look how few kids play baseball as youth anymore; particularly once they hit their teen years. My son played knothole through his sophomore or junior year, took a year off, but he couldn't find a team as an 18 year old that wasn't select. He may try to play intramural at OSU, but we'll have to see.

That's true. We've had this discussion before and this reason is often given about why African-Americans don't play baseball as much as they used to in the big leagues.

But this is a different discussion. We're talking about the difference between AAA and MLB and if there is as large of a gap as the Marty says.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?