Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2007-2008 Estimated Payroll

Re: 2007-2008 Estimated Payroll

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    BIG DUMB TEXAN excise tax!

(sorry - had to throw that out there. back to your regular discussion)
    Too bad you're not a Texan then. :

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    One other thing. If they have already paid Arroyo his signing bonus I think it's a little sneaky of them if they add that total to next year's payroll.
    Well, that's not them, that's me. I have no idea whether they paid him his bonus or not or when they will do it. Far as I know they are doing it over several years but I'm just saying they are doing it next year. It may be right or it may be wrong but that's what I'm saying.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    One other thing. If they have already paid Arroyo his signing bonus I think it's a little sneaky of them if they add that total to next year's payroll.
    You mean like they have counted JR's deferred payments against the payroll since 2001?
    Go Gators!

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Well, that's not them, that's me. I have no idea whether they paid him his bonus or not or when they will do it. Far as I know they are doing it over several years but I'm just saying they are doing it next year. It may be right or it may be wrong but that's what I'm saying.
    Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    You mean like they have counted JR's deferred payments against the payroll since 2001?
    No, not at all like that... The Red's DO have to set aside money to pay for Juniors deferral, so the savings are not that much.

And on my site, if you check payrolls for future years, I do NOT count his pro-rated bonus, it's counted in the year it was paid. It's a more accurate portrayal of actual monies then when you see payroll numbers from MLB
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Turn Off Ads?