Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm so glad Wayne didn't.......

Re: I'm so glad Wayne didn't.......

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    How much credit he deserves for that is a matter of question now as Arroyo seems to be returning to norm from last year's excellence.
    Based on what? One start? He had a bad stretch back in May-June, but has been quite strong since, excluding last night's start. Besides, I don't think he had a season last year that I would call excellent. He is what he is, a solid #3 starter who will give you a lot of innings.

I think Krivsky still deserves credit getting Arroyo based on what he gave up. Boston has had Pena on the trading block for most of the season and can't seem to give him away.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Alot of Arroy's losses were due to non-run support.

Some of it was due to exhaustion from over-use.

I use to see his fastball in the mid-90's and about mid-season he was only hitting 89. He is back up in the 90's now again.
    I blame alot of the losses on the bullpen.

ORG Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by berryluther View Post
    Trade Arroyo for Reyes and Escobar. I don't know what we would have done without his 1 2/3 of 7 run ball last night.

Last year was a fluke this guy is a hack.

Based on what? One bad start and a guy is dog meat? I am glad our management is not this reactionary.

Quote Originally Posted by boognish View Post
    I would imagine that "number of balks" might tell you less
    The thought of someone searching for that statistic after their favorite team acquires a new pitcher made me laugh.

I really think playing in Japan during the offseason has affected Arroyo's pitching this year. I look for him to bounce back next year.

Turn Off Ads?