Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football Question

Not Laughing

Football Question

I soon have to declare my keeper for my football leauge and it has come down to either Frank Gore or Joseph Addai.

I am racking my brian on this one. Gore had a breakout year and now the Niners offense has even more options. He did just break a bone in his hand and will miss the first 3 preseason games. But last season he was awesome.

Addai was streaky last year but turned it on in the playoffs. This year he does not have Rhodes to share time with. He looks durable and is in the best offense in the NFL.

Please give me any suggestions. I don't think I can go wrong with either, but I want to make the best pick.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde

2. Turn Off Ads?
    uoduck1017

Re: Football Question

I believe Gore will get more rushing attempts and probably more rushing yards. However, I believe Addai will get more TD's and he does have Peyton in front of him. The featured back for the best offense in the NFL would be my choice.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I love them both, really. Gore gets a lot of receiving yards on top of his rushing, but the only downside on him is his health. He's on 2 surgically repaired wheels and he broke his hand already in camp. If you have faith in him to stay healthy, then he's probably your guy.

I'd take Addai.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Yup, Addai for me too. Go with the health, and low mileage. Btw, Addai had 1 less TD than Gore last season, with over 100 less touches. With Rhodes gone, expect him to get those touches, and that could propel him well past Gore, and into the top 3 overall.

I like Gore...the 49ers will be improved, and the Colts are a little to pass happy spread the ball to everyone for me. Gore is the focal point of the 9er offense. Don't worry about the injuries he is durable.
    Reds fan since 1970

Gore broke his hand and will be out all preseason. I chose Addai.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

LT never plays in the preseason as he does pretty well..Gore is only suppose to be out 2 weeks
    Reds fan since 1970

Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Red View Post
    I like Gore...the 49ers will be improved, and the Colts are a little to pass happy spread the ball to everyone for me. Gore is the focal point of the 9er offense. Don't worry about the injuries he is durable.
    Yeah...and the focal point is keyed on. With Addai, he faces less keys, because you can't focus on any one part of the Colts offense. Toss in the fact that Addai benefits from the pass-happy part of the Colts offense, and there's no way you can use those points to knock him.............

and yeah, you're right.....Gore's picture should replace Cal Ripken Jr's next to the word "durability".............

how many games has Gore missed?...if u care to wager i will "BET" Gore scores more TD'S and gains more yards than ADDAI
    Reds fan since 1970

how many games has Gore missed?...if u care to wager i will "BET" Gore scores more TD'S and gains more yards than ADDAI

You might wanna do a short bit of research when challenging that Gore hasn't missed games.........

on the NFL level, no, he hasn't been beat up yet, but do a quick Google of "Frank Gore Knee Injury" and see what you find.

As far as more TD's and yards than Addai, if we're talking combined receiving and rushing, you're on.

Addai gained over 1,000 yards last year and did not start a game in the regular season.

I know everyone is high on the 49ers and Gore this year, but I think you have to go with the more proven and experienced offense, which is hands down the Colts.

Not Laughing

Thanks eveybody....At this point I feel better with Addai....but that is today.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde

Addai

Turn Off Ads?