Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Opening Day Parade in jeopardy?

The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Opening Day Parade in jeopardy?

It would be nice if the Reds could contribute towards keeping it, or even footing the entire bill.

If the team could even pay half of it, that would be a great help.

It's "just" a parade I know. But it is special and I can't see 20,000 standing in the way of it continuing on. I mean hell, the players can pass a hat.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

On the brink of disaster acredsfan's Avatar

I can't see Castellini and his emphasis on tradition letting the parade fall through. Unfortunately I don't think many of the players get the historical and emotional signifigance that the parade has in this city. Since players don't usually spend their whole careers in the same city anymore, I can understand that, but it's a shame.
    "I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." -- House

"You guys are still thinking like doctors when you should be thinking like plumbers. Come on, I wanna see some butt crack." -- House

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

There should be absolutely no reason for this parade to be in jeopardy.

I find it hard to believe there isn't someone in this city that can't foot the bill.

KGJ would probably be willing to write a check. He grew up with that parade.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

FWIW, Vice-Mayor Jim Tarbell was on the Willy Cunningham show (700wlw) and said the city has a $600,000 fund for supporting arts and festivals such as the Findlay Market Parade. So in his mind, at least, this is a non-issue.

He did, however, encourage the Findley Market people to keep a full court press on City Counsel so those funds don't "disapear" after the new city councel is elected come November. Not that anything crazy like that might actually happen.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acredsfan View Post
    I can't see Castellini and his emphasis on tradition letting the parade fall through. .
    I can't either....no parade wouldn't make ma very happy.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 08-03-2007 at 05:42 PM.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    There should be absolutely no reason for this parade to be in jeopardy.

I find it hard to believe there isn't someone in this city that can't foot the bill.
    Uncle Carl

Turn Off Ads?