Turn Off Ads?

Thread: From ORG: EE out in favor of Cantu?

From ORG: EE out in favor of Cantu?

Rocky Mountain News

CINCINNATI apparently decided to give up on 3B Edwin Encarnacion, which led to acquiring malcontent Jorge Cantu from Tampa Bay. The Reds will work in August to find someone to take OF Adam Dunn.
    I'm unsure how the Rocky Mountain News got ahold of this, but it seems like conjecture to me. However, if there is some truth to it, well, hopefully we can get some stud pitchers in return for EE and Dunn.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: From ORG: EE out in favor of Cantu?

Don't believe it for a second

possible, but not likely
    Reds fan since 1970

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Don't believe it for a second
    Yeah I'm trying not to, but when I see Edwin sitting on the bench for several games in a row, along with Wayne going out of his way to trade one of our better MiL bullpen arms to get a guy who can only conceivably play 3rd on the Reds, it has me wondering.

As for Dunn comment, well I think any Joe Six-Pack from off the street could tell you that.

uoduck1017

Someone to take Dunn? Oh no...will anyone take a consistent 40 HR, 100 R, 100 RBI guy? I just don't know, hopefully Wayne can find that team.

I'd say Keppinger has a better shot at 3b than either Encarnacion, or Cantu at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by uoduck1017 View Post
    Someone to take Dunn? Oh no...will anyone take a consistent 40 HR, 100 R, 100 RBI guy? I just don't know, hopefully Wayne can find that team.

He wasn't able too in July.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Let's trade all of our talented guys and field a team full of Freel's, Hopper's, and Keppinger's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Let's trade all of our talented guys and field a team full of Freel's, Hopper's, and Keppinger's.
    And Castro's

The idea is to get talented players back when you trade yours. You aren't supposed to trade them for nothing. So the ideal would be to replace your talented guys with other talented guys. Just sayin'.

got alil captain in u?

i highly doubt this from a paper in colorado who prolly has no clue about the reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I'm unsure how the Rocky Mountain News got ahold of this, but it seems like conjecture to me. However, if there is some truth to it, well, hopefully we can get some stud pitchers in return for EE and Dunn.

I hope this is true. I am no fan of Encarnacion unless it is the one on "Nacho Libre"

If we wouldnt have a core 17 players.. thenmaybe we could make real moves and improve this team.. why not trade dunn(a DH), and freel(an outfielder) to the devil rays for crawford? or try ANYTHING to break up our "core" that seems to be 17 or 18 players every year..

I respect the fact that you think Keppinger is a utility guy,reds44. However he hit well in the International League, and he has continued to do well at the major league level. He has proven so far he is good enough to start in the infield and I would let him. I want to see him do it over an entire year, but at this point we need to give Keppinger his due.

Turn Off Ads?