Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merged: Coffey gets creamed / Coffey needs a ticket to Louisville

Merged: Coffey gets creamed / Coffey needs a ticket to Louisville

Coffey was Todd-awful once again. He comes in with a man on and immediately gives up a bomb. He puts two more runners on via a walk and a hit batsman before being mercifully yanked. Turnabout was fair play as Gosling gives up a blast to the first batter he faces, which allowed the two runners he inherited from Todd to score. What has happened to Todd Coffey? One option is that he is sent to Louisville to work out whatever problems he has down in AAA. IMO, a better option is the let him take the rest of the year off. He has to be shell-shocked. The Reds should just tell him to go home for the rest of the season and forget about 2007.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Coffey gets creamed.

was never sold on him even before this year...and now, geez release the guy
    Reds fan since 1970

Can anyone tell me what was so bad about Cormier? He was better than Coffey, and since we were paying him a fortune maybe we let the wrong guy go. Wayne, please trade Coffey to the Cubs!

got alil captain in u?

Coffey needs a ticket to louisville anybody want to give him a donation.

he has been terrible when brought in when we have a lead. This severly limits the oppurtunities he's gonna get. and we all thought on here he was a future closer wow were we wrong. He just seems to choke in tight spots. He just pumps the fastball up there entirely to much.

Re: Coffey needs a ticket to louisville anybody want to give him a donation.

i'll chip in............

LOL

I just had a great idea....................i would love to get as many people on board as possible to all go to a game the same night, and have "Coffey Cup" night.......everybody wears a cup outside of their pants with a picture of Coffey on them........Extra bonus points if you wear some form of full body padding (think karate sparring stuff) and sit in the outfield seats.

Why does he need a ticket? Just let him sprint like a frickin moron down to Louisville like he always does to the mound.

Senor Votto

Mroby would probably make a donation I know he hates Coffey

I love how coffey runs in

a true professional, lets give him a multiyear contract

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Coffey was Todd-awful once again. He comes in with a man on and immediately gives up a bomb. He puts two more runners on via a walk and a hit batsman before being mercifully yanked. Turnabout was fair play as Gosling gives up a blast to the first batter he faces, which allowed the two runners he inherited from Todd to score. What has happened to Todd Coffey? One option is that he is sent to Louisville to work out whatever problems he has down in AAA. IMO, a better option is the let him take the rest of the year off. He has to be shell-shocked. The Reds should just tell him to go home for the rest of the season and forget about 2007.
    You asked "what has happened to Todd Coffey?"
    My answer is: was he what many thought he was to start with ?
    I mean last year was respectable but was it the year before he gave up 84 hits in 56 ip or something thereabouts.
    I am just saying maybe he is what he is (now).

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Mroby would probably make a donation I know he hates Coffey

very true, lol.

Re: I love how coffey runs in

im afraid that has already happened

thats correct, considering he only had 2 good months last season, april and may.

the best thing he does as of late is sprint into the game...sad
    Reds fan since 1970

I wish he sprint straight from the bully into the clubhouse and save us the trouble of watching him.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

I don't hate Coffey, but he does need to spend the rest of the year in Louisville and try to sort himself out. I want to see him start fresh next year in spring training.

Turn Off Ads?