Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 08/05/2007- Minor League Updates.

Re: 08/05/2007- Minor League Updates.

Cody Strait Triples and scores his second run of the day off a single by Justin Tordi putting Sarasota up 2-0.

Tordi, with 2 promotions this year, but in a fashion that stats people would go, "what?".

Started at Billings in 70 AB's w/ .214/.295/.329 (.624 OPS)
    Promoted to Dayton 67 AB's w/ .209/.254/.269 (.523 OPS)
    Now up w/ Sarasota 24 AB's w/ .292/.320/.417 (.737 OPS)

Played 3 years at Univ of Miami, and has now had 13 months of Pro Ball. Played Catcher last year and 19 games at SS for Billings this year, at Dayton 13 games at SS, 5 at DH, 3 at 3B, and 2 at C, at Sarasota 6 games at 3B, 1 at 2B, and again today at 2B.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Jay Bruce can't go a game without doing something awesome.

That's a truth I've held close to my heart since day one. After an 0-3 day, you can imagine how shaken up I was, but once again, the Boss proves me wrong...

Louisville Bats Jay Bruce ejected by 3B umpire Rob Healey.

Lookouts Win in Walk-off Fashion!
    Date Posted: 8/5/2007

On a hot, summer day in Chattanooga, the Lookouts and Suns battled in see-saw fashion throughout the game, but it would be an eleventh-inning, walk-off homer from Drew Anderson that would give the Lookouts a 5-4 win in Sunday afternoon action at AT&T Field.

Chattanooga got off to an early 1-0 lead on an RBI single from Daniel Dorn, who brought home Adam Rosales from second.

The Suns waited until the third to enter the scoreboard. Jimmy Rohan led-off the inning with a double and quickly advanced to third on a Joey Norrito sac bunt. James Tomlin would follow with a groundball to shortstop Caonabo Cosme, who made an errant throw to first. On the play, Rohan scored and knotted-up the score, 1-1.

The Lookouts would re-claim the lead in the fourth by plating another run. Caonabo Cosme began the inning with a double and would find his way home on a Shaun Cumberland single.

The Lookouts' offense kept rolling in the fifth, as Adam Rosales blasted a solo shot to right to give the Lookouts a 3-1 lead.

The see-saw pace continued in the seventh with the Suns scoring two more runs and tying the game on a Thomas Giles two-run homer.

Jacksonville would take the momentary lead in the top of the eighth on an Anthony Raglani solo homer, but the Lookouts, once again, tied the score in the bottom portion of the eighth. After a Daniel Dorn walk and Craig Tatum single, pinch hitter Luis Bolivar came through with a clutch, RBI single.

The Lookouts could not capitalize on a one-out Adam Rosales triple in the bottom of the ninth, and the game went into extra-innings.

After a scoreless tenth, the Lookouts shutout the Suns in the top portion of the eleventh. All possible drama came to a halt in the Lookouts' portion of the eleventh, as Drew Anderson led off the inning with a walk-off homer, giving the Lookouts a 5-4 win.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Ramon Ramirez pitched 2 innings and got the win for Chattanooga. He didn't allow a run, the first time since June he came out of a game without allowing a run at home, 7 appearances ago, usually pitching 2 innings per appearance. He hasn't given up a run on the road yet as a Chattanooga reliever, but that's only 3 appearances. He started 12 of 14 appearances at Sarasota before being called up 5-6 weeks ago, where he's been exclusively a middle-inning guy, posting an ERA of 5.50 his last 10 games going into today, but with a K/inning and after today still has a 3-1 K/BB ratio.

Bruce must have tried to show the 3B umpire Who's the Boss after being called out on a check swing appeal? And did it really happen when his team went out to play defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Bruce must have tried to show the 3B umpire Who's the Boss after being called out on a check swing appeal? And did it really happen when his team went out to play defense?
    No, i was listening and he was ejected after he went back into the dugout. He originally threw his arms up in disbelief and then probably kept yapping. If the boss says he didnt swing then he didnt swing. I guess the ump just didnt get the memo.

Bearcat Shane, the date in my sig was the date I put it on there....it was probably just the day I decided my sig needed changed, something (somewhat) permanent...just hopefully not too permanent..........
    Last edited by REDSEER; 08-05-2007 at 07:24 PM.
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Billings leads 2-0 in the 6th......

Frazier 2-3 2B, HR...now hitting .293
    Waring 0-2....in a bit of a slump, now hitting .299
    Honeycutt 4 IP 2H 4K 2BB 0R
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Please call up Dickerson.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Jay Bruce can't go a game without doing something awesome.

That's a truth I've held close to my heart since day one. After an 0-3 day, you can imagine how shaken up I was, but once again, the Boss proves me wrong...

Obviously, Mr. Girly-man Umpire was jealous of his talent and intimidated by his prowess.

Jay Bruce,

Bruce Springsteen

Bruce Wayne

The Boss

Batman

Drew Stubbs can be Boy Wonder. Laugh Icon goes here.

Please don't call up Dickerson . Stiking out average of .343 (137 stikeouts in 400 ab's )with only 9 homers doesn't impress me. Even Adam Dunn doesn't stike out at that percentage and he has 30 homers.
    Last edited by indy_dave00; 08-05-2007 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    Jay Bruce,

Bruce Springsteen

Bruce Wayne

The Boss

Batman

Drew Stubbs can be Boy Wonder. Laugh Icon goes here.
    Votto can be Robin
    Reds fan since 1970

Quote Originally Posted by indy_dave00 View Post
    Please don't call up Dickerson . Stiking out average of .343 (137 stikeouts in 400 ab's )with only 9 homers doesn't impress me. Even Adam Dunn doesn't stike out at that percentage and he has 30 homers.
    Strikeouts are overrated.

If he can get on base anywhere close to .370 with his speed and defense, say hello to your leadoff hitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Strikeouts are overrated.

If he can get on base anywhere close to .370 with his speed and defense, say hello to your leadoff hitter.
    I agree. We are talking about a most likely 4th outfielder. Sounds like he can fit the bill.

Votto as Robin lol. "Wholly cricketstroke boss, that was a farout bomb"
    Bruce as Batman: "Now now my little chum, some days even mortal men reach unattainable levels".

Turn Off Ads?