Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DUNN - Arbitration

DUNN - Arbitration

If DUNN is offered arbitration, about how much do you think he would receive?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: DUNN - Arbitration

He'd have to accept it first. I'm not sure that's a given. Seems more and more like he wants out of here.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

What if he does accept it, then about how much would he receive?

So if the reds decline Dunn's option, they can still offer Arbitration? I didn't know that.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Probably pretty close to what his option is, give or take a million. I don't think it makes any difference because no 27 year old ballplayer is going to take a one year arbitration deal when he's eligible for free agency. Why take 13-15 mil for one year when you can get 50-70 mil for five years?

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    So if the reds decline Dunn's option, they can still offer Arbitration? I didn't know that.
    IIRC, they have to in order to get draft pick compensation.

-Pete Rose

Let's say Dunn goes to arbitration and gets 14 million. Can he then be traded to any team any time? Or do the Reds have to wait till June and limited to certain teams?

no team will take him if he's makin 14 mill, at least i wouldn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rover View Post
    Let's say Dunn goes to arbitration and gets 14 million. Can he then be traded to any team any time? Or do the Reds have to wait till June and limited to certain teams?
    In order to maximize the return on the trade, I'd think the Reds would have to sign him longer term. Otherwise, the new team isn't getting cost certainty and still has to worry about signing him for 2009 or risk losing him again. To answer the question though, his current contract includes the no-trade right until June 15. Any new contract most likely would not.

-Pete Rose

The way that I understand it is that the Reds' can buy out the option year for half a million. This makes Adam a free agent. He will then surely file for free agency. After he does that the Reds must offer him arbitration by Dec. 1st. The ball is then in Adam's court. He must either accept or reject the arbitration offer by Dec. 7th. If he accepts it, he is the property of the Reds again and goes back onto the roster. The two sides can negotiate a contract with different stipulations such as no-trade. If they can't agree it moves on to the actual arbitration process. Each side submits a salary number and the panel picks one or the other. If this is the case I do not believe there would be any no-trade stipulations. If he rejects the arbitration offer the Reds can still negotiate with him. However, at this point if he signs with another club the Reds would receive the appropriate draft picks as compensation. I would be of the opinion that if the club bought out the option year that yes they could still offer him arbitration and either retain his services or be awarded draft picks. If Dunn accepted arbitration, and he and the club could not come to any kind of agreement before his case went to hearing, he would have to accept whichever number the arbitration board awarded him. And he would be eligible to be traded at any time to any team. That is my interpretation of the arbitration process.

Why don't we just pick up his option?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

The Reds can't afford to have that much of their total salary tied up in one position player. If Dunn has decided he's moving on, hopefully he'll go all out to make his numbers as good as possible to attract the rich teams.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Why don't we just pick up his option?
    You'd think that would be a no brainer

I'm beginning to think that the REDs will pick up his option for next year. With Jay Bruce coming along in mid 08 - start in 09.

I can then see them trying to trade him mid season if they are out of it. Who knows what the future will hold for Dunn, but you would think he would be in his prime right now. I'm wondering if his prime was 04.
    Don't smoke'em if you got'em

If they let Dunn get to arbitration he will get way more than 14 mil. In arbitration its either the clubs number or the players number,no in between.
    Last edited by DannyB; 08-06-2007 at 05:28 PM.

Turn Off Ads?