Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton to rehab in Louisville

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Re: Hamilton to rehab in Louisville

The Reds already released Rheal Cormier this year, so it's not like the Reds are unwilling to dump a guy who's making about half of Cormier's salary.

And Tom Shearn has done well? He's in his 30s, has a 5-10 record, 4.40 ERA, and a WHIP of 1.51. If that's doing well, then Todd Coffey got robbed of an All-Star appearance this year. I'm not very impressed by Ryan Jorgensen either, who's a .219 hitter outside of A-ball. He may play good defense, but so did Dane Sardinha, and so does Miguel Perez.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I can see this is going to go swimmingly!
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    The Reds already released Rheal Cormier this year, so it's not like the Reds are unwilling to dump a guy who's making about half of Cormier's salary.

And Tom Shearn has done well? He's in his 30s, has a 5-10 record, 4.40 ERA, and a WHIP of 1.51. If that's doing well, then Todd Coffey got robbed of an All-Star appearance this year. I'm not very impressed by Ryan Jorgensen either, who's a .219 hitter outside of A-ball. He may play good defense, but so did Dane Sardinha, and so does Miguel Perez.
    He's 29. ERA has much more to do with what you read on the paper. If you've seen him pitch before, he doesn't get "shelled" every single time. Bloop hit after bloop hit on some occasion will run an ERA up fast.

plus i'm not so sure why everyone's so high on win-loss records these days. if you're 1-20 with an ERA of 2.40 you must suck ?? shearn has had some impressive outings only to have no offense behind him....
    Last edited by KeyMastur; 08-06-2007 at 06:10 PM.

Hey key, why don't you like homer?

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    Hey key, why don't you like homer?
    Never said I didn't like Homer

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur View Post
    Never said I didn't like Homer
    Sure looked like it. You pretty much said he wasn't gonna be any good. Is he a nice kid?

thebaseballcube.com said he's in his 30s, so I apologize for that. He'll be in his 30s later this month, so you make a very good point.

Anyway, his career WHIP is 1.34. In other words, he doesn't get enough batters out. If he's 29 years old and in AAA, I expect more. I don't have anything against Shearn--I just don't think he's any better than Gosling, Livingston, Dumatrait, Santos, etc.

I'll say one thing I like about Shearn, though. I see no reason to be suspicious of him having done anabolic steroids. If a player's going to be mediocre, I at least like to see it's natural.

thebaseballcube.com said he's in his 30s, so I apologize for that. He'll be in his 30s later this month, so you make a very good point.

Anyway, his career WHIP is 1.34. In other words, he doesn't get enough batters out. If he's 29 years old and in AAA, I expect more. I don't have anything against Shearn--I just don't think he's any better than Gosling, Livingston, Dumatrait, Santos, etc.

I'll say one thing I like about Shearn, though. I see no reason to be suspicious of him having done anabolic steroids. If a player's going to be mediocre, I at least like to see it's natural.
    who's done steroids ?

who's done steroids ?
    Barry Bonds

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

He's 29. ERA has much more to do with what you read on the paper. If you've seen him pitch before, he doesn't get "shelled" every single time. Bloop hit after bloop hit on some occasion will run an ERA up fast.

This is true as his .337 BAPIP atests. Still, with average luck his ERA would be pretty close to his FIP (3.87), and considering he's not exactly a ground ball machine, I think an increase in homers could also be expected.

I think at best you are looking at a 14-15th pitcher in your system. Definitely not a guy you want in the majors over long periods, and considering his age, he can only be counted on as depth. He's not major league material, but as an emergency swingman type to have in AAA, he's fine to have around.

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    Barry Bonds
    although you can't prove he ever has, there will always be that "black cloud" that surrounds his name. it's weird how a person will form an opinion on someone so quickly though by what the media says or somethin they read, without even askin the horse himself...

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    I think at best you are looking at a 14-15th pitcher in your system. Definitely not a guy you want in the majors over long periods, and considering his age, he can only be counted on as depth. He's not major league material, but as an emergency swingman type to have in AAA, he's fine to have around.
    probably exactly what he is, but definitely not a waste of a roster spot...

who's done steroids ?
    The Reds have had a few mediocre players (Alex Sanchez, Ryan Franklin, Felix Heredia) who were in trouble for performance-enhancing drugs, and it always bothered me. Thank goodness the players have since stopped using. Either that or they know how to avoid being caught.

The Reds have had a few mediocre players (Alex Sanchez, Ryan Franklin, Felix Heredia) who were in trouble for performance-enhancing drugs, and it always bothered me. Thank goodness the players have since stopped using. Either that or they know how to avoid being caught.
    well the MLB is pretty strict on the steroid testing policy, so if anyone has or is using, i'm sure they'd have been caught by now. they even test in the off-season

although you can't prove he ever has, there will always be that "black cloud" that surrounds his name. it's weird how a person will form an opinion on someone so quickly though by what the media says or somethin they read, without even askin the horse himself...
    You don't all the sudden hit more homeruns then ever after you turn 35. You don't grow when you are in your 30's. Your feet and head don't naturally get larger when you "work out a lot". Although he won't admit it in public, he has admitted to taking anabolic steroids without knowing what they were in his grand jury testimony. The cream and the clear or "flaxoil" as barry thought it was. Yea right. I don't deny that he was a great player, but the fact that he felt the need to cheat even with already being great makes it even more pathetic.

Turn Off Ads?