Turn Off Ads?

Thread: International Health Coverage

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

International Health Coverage

I'm a type one diabetic, and I have no health insurance. I will have free health coverage in about three months, but until then, I want health coverage from September through November. I'm looking for the cheapest coverage possible, so I guess I'd want something with low coverage and a high deductible. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to all of this, so does anyone have any advice or know of the best way to obtain good quotes? I'm hoping to spend no more than a total of $100 over a period of three months.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Re: International Health Coverage

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I'm a type one diabetic, and I have no health insurance. I will have free health coverage in about three months, but until then, I want health coverage from September through November. I'm looking for the cheapest coverage possible, so I guess I'd want something with low coverage and a high deductible. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to all of this, so does anyone have any advice or know of the best way to obtain good quotes? I'm hoping to spend no more than a total of $100 over a period of three months.
    I sell insurance here in ohio and for short term we usually use this site https://www.temporaryinsurance.com/s...v55)/GetQuote/

That's about $40 more expensive than the last place I called. Thank you for the link, though. Why do all the insurance places ask me for my zip code? If I'm from a wealthy area, will they try to charge me more?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

If I'm from a wealthy area, will they try to charge me more?
    No, the opposite.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

There are a lot of variables in insurance based on your location. You won't be charged more being from a wealthy area but you might be charged more if your area makes you more expensive to insure.

Part of Beverly Hills, CA is located in zip code of 90210.

Just don't answer 90220. That's Compton.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

That's about $40 more expensive than the last place I called. Thank you for the link, though. Why do all the insurance places ask me for my zip code? If I'm from a wealthy area, will they try to charge me more?
    Sorry that was a bit more expensive. Make sure that the other place you got a quote from was short term though, if it's an anual policy you will probably have to pay at least $50 dollars in cancelation fees. Thats the reason short term is usually more expensive. If it was short term I would take it because I have found that site to be very competitive and they usually beat the other 10 short term companies I write for.

I got the quote from what seems like a small company, so I'm skeptical, but he made it very clear that it was a short term policy that could be used for up to six months. I'll give him (his name's Steve Garrison--it's probably this guy) a call tomorrow and try to verify everything. Thank you for your help.

In case anyone was wondering, I went with http://www.globalunderwriters.com/ , and I'm paying a total of $79 for three months of coverage.

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    There are a lot of variables in insurance based on your location. You won't be charged more being from a wealthy area but you might be charged more if your area makes you more expensive to insure.

In particular, it matters what HOSPITALS and DOCTORS charge in your area. I don't know if it's accurate but my old insurance guy back in Boston claimed that Mass. General Hospital and others are significantly pricier than the rest of the country.
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

Turn Off Ads?