Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Juice and Mechanical help? (Bonds)

ORG Infidel

Juice and Mechanical help? (Bonds)

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1003621797

I thought this was an interesting article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Juice and Mechanical help? (Bonds)

Very impressive article. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for posting the article on SD. I think the rationale in this article is sound. Why has Bonds been allowed to so extensively modify his protective equipment?

Interesting article.

I think the arm guard has nothing to do with the "mechanics of the swing". I realize most people can't stand Bonds, but this is getting ridiculous in my opinion.

Barry Bonds is a total jerk -- but he can flat out pound the baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Interesting article.

I think the arm guard has nothing to do with the "mechanics of the swing". I realize most people can't stand Bonds, but this is getting ridiculous in my opinion.

Barry Bonds is a total jerk -- but he can flat out pound the baseball.
    amen

I'm curious to learn if other people have released analysis of Bonds' arm device. We know bowlers use gloves to help their motion, I just didn't think about how an arm shield could be used to modify a batter's swing.

This could have some interesting repercussions.

lol this is quite possibly the dumbest thing i've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong but could you point out the flaw in each of the arguments made?

Why is that? Is the writer wrong in his conclusions based upon the way the device is constructed?

I'm not an engineer so I can't refute anything he's saying and he could be completely wrong for all I know. Even so, there are many devices in the marketplace that help athletes improve their performance from a training standpoint. If Bonds' device does ANYTHING to aid his motion or power, it should never be used in a game.

why do you think this never came out about craig biggio? talk about using the arm pad to make your game better, he always stuck his arm into pitches. what it boils down to is they're on a witch hunt in pursuit of bonds, and they aren't going to stop until they've tarnished his career. i honestly thought this was a joke at first, but unfortunately i guess it wasn't.

He also has a perfectly engineered helmet that keeps his head in the exact proper position for viewing the pitch. LOL

I hear Carson Palmer's knee brace is engineered to perfect his throwing stance and is primarily responsible for his NFL success.

Bonds' Lasik eye surgery actually implanted bionic corneas that can utilize radar to triangulate the location of the ball while determining the precise spin and therefore calculate exactly where the ball will be as it enters the hitting zone. This enables Bonds to hit the ball on the sweet spot of the bat every time.

Without the space age engineering Barry Bonds wouldn't hit any better than Juan Castro.

Bonds is a joke and any pitcher that pitches to him should be ashamed of themselves.

Witch Hunt aside....

I read the same article after seeing it posted in ORG.

Bottom line is, everyone ISNT allowed to wear what Bonds wears. He "grandfathered" into it.

So, whether it helps him or not, I don't think he should be allowed to wear it, unless everyone else is allowed to wear it, which they are not.
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

"I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    Bonds is a joke and any pitcher that pitches to him should be ashamed of themselves.
    you should be ashamed of yourself for making a ridiculous post like that, lol.

you should be ashamed of yourself for making a ridiculous post like that, lol.
    Why because most people that say "steroids doesnt make you see the ball and hit the ball" are the smartest people out there?

Turn Off Ads?