Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mesoraco update

Mesoraco update

Just read the BA magazine and John Fay noted that Devin has had two bad thumbs this year. One of the thumbs was sore from the pounding it took from catching and the other thumb was injured while sliding into base.

Surely this is the reason he hit so poorly this year. A high first round pick has to hit better than what he did this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Mesoraco update

Doesnt have to. tons of guys that went on to be very good players hit like crap in the GCL as rookies.

I agree with Doug. What a kid out of high school hits in his first 150 at bats doesn't mean much of anything. For comparison, the Ahrens kid whom the Reds talked about taking hit .230 with a .660 OPS in the GCL, and if you've seen the video of that kid, you know he can hit. I still wish the Reds had picked Ahrens, but I don't think we know anything about Mesoraco yet.

All I was saying was that there was a legitimate reason for Mesoraco's woes this year that I had not heard about before. Lots of Reds fans were worried just like they were with Stubbs inablility to make contact and hit for average. I was just being the messenger about the injury news.

BTW, Doug, I appreciate your work so much. I love your webpage and check it everyday!!!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I had heard that he was playing with a busted up thumb, but I didn't really know it was 2 bad ones. No worries on this side of things.

Turn Off Ads?