Year  Games    Total Attend.       Average 

2007   53      1,415,229            26,702 
    2006   81      2,134,472            26,351 
    2005   81      1,943,157            23,989 
    2004   81      2,287,250            28,237 
    2003   81      2,355,259            29,077 
    2002   80      1,855,787            23,197 
    2001   79      1,879,757            23,794
    All of the Redszone hystaria notwithstanding, people are still going through the turnstiles at GABP dispite a horrable season. At the current pace, they will see 2,162,897 total attendence for 2007.

Let's assume as the season wains, the temps heat up and school gets back in session (although the same things happened in all the other years) they only get to 2.0 million people. That's still beats out 3 of the 5 previous years. And 2 of those years saw an artifical attendence bump from a new stadium.

Not sure what all that means, other than (1) I was somewhat suprised to see attendence on track with 2006 dispite a dismal 2007 and (2) I'm sure BCast is pouring over the numbers with a fine toothed comb in preperation for 2008 budgets, arbitrations, etc.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: GABP Attendence

26,702 Avg - against 42059 Capacity = > 63% Filled on a nightly basis.

That - by the way - is right around at the team's average for the last 11 seasons - 25706. Which is 18th in baseball over that span.

Only Seven Teams last year had less average fans on a nightly basis than the Reds - Colorado, Arizona, Florida, Kansas City, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay Add Washington & Oakland to that list for this season.

Even with the new ballpark - the Reds are still in the bottom half attended baseball teams - and have been for a decade.

Pfft I misread
    Go Gators!

The team sold LOTS of season tickets and package deals in the offseason to people based on the notion that the Reds "contended until the final weekend last year and now Wayne has added some stuff."

Don't expect the same suckers to buy in for next year.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Eh in the NL the Reds have been 12th or 13th in attendence with the exception of 2003 since 2000, I doubt this 70 win team will change it much next year
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    The team sold LOTS of season tickets and package deals in the offseason to people based on the notion that the Reds "contended until the final weekend last year and now Wayne has added some stuff."

Don't expect the same suckers to buy in for next year.
    Agree 100%. Will be interesting to see how season ticket sales for 2008 go once they are available for sale.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post

Even with the new ballpark - the Reds are still in the bottom half attended baseball teams - and have been for a decade.
    The Reds have also consistently been in the bottom half of wins, and have been for a decade. Win some games, and fans will come.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?