Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 8/7/07 Minors Updates: Cueto Pitching

Re: 8/7/07 Minors Updates: Cueto Pitching

Syzmanski breaks up a shutout in the 6th with a HR...2nd hit of the game for Sarasota, down 7-1.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post

Now, that's timing.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Sarasota Reds trail 7-1 in the 6th. BJ Szymanski has a solo HR.

Ceuto's evening is done.

5 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K

In 16 innings, he has K'd 15 guys. Not real sure how his declining K rate is a concern, but ok.
    2.30 ERA in AAA now.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Votto only deserves the call right now if your criteria is just that he is young. I find it strange, Aronchis, that you think Votto should move on to the next level when he is not dominating it, while guys like Bailey and Cueto, who dominated AA, should be sent back. Your starting major league 1B should have be capable of more than a sub-.850 OPS at AAA.

Wonder why VandyBoy is throwing over at Machado? Didn't know he was a threat. Now the coach visits the pitcher. Anyone watching the game to tell us what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Votto only deserves the call right now if your criteria is just that he is young. I find it strange, Aronchis, that you think Votto should move on to the next level when he is not dominating it, while guys like Bailey and Cueto, who dominated AA, should be sent back. Your starting major league 1B should have be capable of more than a sub-.850 OPS at AAA.
    What? I believe Votto has been through the levels, spent more than a year in the upper levels(now 2). He is ready to move on and adapt his game to the pros. Bruce and Cueto have spent very little time in the upper levels. Bailey only had 68I in AA when he was promoted this spring to AAA after doing little to improve himself in the offseason.

You overrate statistics that mean little in the majors. Players develope into power, they develope hits into extra base hits. The plate control and ability to hit to all fields is rare. Allow the man to develope. He is ready, he has been through the wars.

Don't anybody wake up Miguel Perez, the catcher for Sarasota.

He just got the 3rd hit of the game for Sarasota, a solo-shot off the starter McCall...Sarasota down 7-2

Was Miguel Perez a Dan O'Brien signing?

His power looked pretty well developed last season. Maybe he has failed to adjust to AAA? Usually you can project home run power based on a high number of doubles. Votto has 16 in almost 400 ABs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    What? I believe Votto has been through the levels, spent more than a year in the upper levels(now 2). He is ready to move on and adapt his game to the pros. Bruce and Cueto have spent very little time in the upper levels. Bailey only had 68I in AA when he was promoted this spring to AAA after doing little to improve himself in the offseason.

You overrate statistics that mean little in the majors. Players develope into power, they develope hits into extra base hits. The plate control and ability to hit to all fields is rare. Allow the man to develope. He is ready, he has been through the wars.
    I really can't see him not winning the starting job next Spring. It doesn't mean he'll get it, but I see him earning and deserving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    Was Miguel Perez a Dan O'Brien signing?
    Fairly certain he was from the Jimbo era.
    *edit* signed in 2000 as a free agent. Jimbo guy.

I really can't see him not winning the starting job next Spring. It doesn't mean he'll get it, but I see him earning and deserving it.
    Who knows. His season last year was better. Maybe he just had a better season last year, and will be better next year than this.

Depends who the GM is and if he picks up Hatteberg's option.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Hamilton is 2-for-3 with two singles.

Turn Off Ads?