Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Wily Mo be traded in the next few days???

Will Wily Mo be traded in the next few days???

Catching up with our old friend WMP. He has cleared waivers.
    http://www.bradfordfiles.com/?p=155

The Red sox have signed Bobby Kielty to a minor league deal which supposedly he can get out of if he is not brought up to the majors within one week. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2964854 With all of the reports of WMP being shopped by the Red Sox before the deadline, I expect this signing signals the likely end to the WMP era in Boston. Hopefully he will be sent somewhere he can play or at least DH on a daily basis.
    Last edited by klw; 08-08-2007 at 01:58 PM. Reason: To try to make the title more wishy washy

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Expect Wily Mo to be traded in the next few days

The Reds desperately need another player who can't make contact and can't judge fly balls in the OF.

Quote Originally Posted by NoColonBoy View Post
    The Reds desperately need another player who can't make contact and can't judge fly balls in the OF.
    Maybe we could put Wily at third he has played there before and looked really good there.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

This has leatherpants written all over. Ladies and gentlemen, introducing your Washington Re... er.. Cincinnati Nati... er, Washington Nationals.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    This has leatherpants written all over. Ladies and gentlemen, introducing your Washington Re... er.. Cincinnati Nati... er, Washington Nationals.

You beat me to it. I bet leatherpants is working his tail off to make this aquisition.

i personally liked wily mo, i think he has a high ceiling of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by NoColonBoy View Post
    Dude! That's me! I would be thrilled to make the league minimum! That would be a HUGE raise for me! Sign me up!

Id rather pay an awful fielding power hitter 500k instead of the pay 13 million that some people want to give Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    Id rather pay an awful fielding power hitter 500k instead of the pay 13 million that some people want to give Dunn.
    Call me when Pena hits 40 and creates 200 runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    You want to explain that to me?
    Dunn is an absolute steal at 13 million in this market, while Wily Mo wouldn't come close to nearing his production. And this team does not need another OBP challenged player, it's already getting weighed down enough through Ross and Gonzalez. The Reds need Dunn if not for his on base skills alone the team is suffering in that department without him/Griffey.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsIn07 View Post
    You want to explain that to me?
    Dunn is an absolute steal at 13 million in this market, while Wily Mo wouldn't come close to nearing his production. And this team does not need another OBP challenged player, it's already getting weighed down enough through Ross and Gonzalez. The Reds need Dunn if not for his on base skills alone the team is suffering in that department without him/Griffey.
    13 million (base) for 1 year. then after that who knows.

you dont have to match dunns production either, only part of Dunns production that is hard to replace his 40 homers. Everything else adam Dunn does isnt that hard to do. Especially being able to not hit the ball unless its a mistake pitch

Re: Will Wily Mo be traded in the next few days???

is there ever a thread that doesn't turn into an adam dunn thread? i mean im sick of the guy too, but doesn't anyone get sick of arguing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    is there ever a thread that doesn't turn into an adam dunn thread? i mean im sick of the guy too, but doesn't anyone get sick of arguing about it?
    YES

But then again if Kielty continues like this then the pressure to bring him up won't be that great.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal..._shelf/?page=2
    The rust showed on Bobby Kielty's first day with Pawtucket. Kielty, who had not played since July 20 and was designated for assignment the next day by Oakland, appeared in both ends of the PawSox' 4-0, 3-2 doubleheader loss to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. He went 0 for 3 with three strikeouts in the first game, 0 for 3 with two strikeouts in the second. Kielty on Monday signed a minor league contract with the Sox, who are considering him as an alternative to Peña as a fourth outfielder.

Turn Off Ads?