Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dunn rated 3rd most likely to break Bonds Record

Re: Dunn rated 3rd most likely to break Bonds Record

Quote Originally Posted by mound_patrol View Post
    You know that's not true. We've all said he has faults. We just constantly have to keep telling you that he's a run producer because you forget after 10 second pass.
    I think Dunn is a nice part of the line up but its hard to count on a guy that struggles to get his 90 rbis a year. If he was a complete hitter my negativity on Dunn would drop exponentially. I just dont think Dunn is a good profesional hitter.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    I think Dunn is a nice part of the line up but its hard to count on a guy that struggles to get his 90 rbis a year. If he was a complete hitter my negativity on Dunn would drop exponentially. I just dont think Dunn is a good profesional hitter.
    I dont get how you bash Dunn who is making 10 million this year and support Jr. Dunn has much better numbers than him and plays everyday. Junior makes 2.5 million more than Dunn. Oh nevermind I remember, Jr puts the ball in play more so hes much better than his numbers say he is.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Not to mention.....Dunn's physical fitness level doesn't really imply a guy who will be healthy enough in his mid to late 30's to chase the record.

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Not to mention.....Dunn's physical fitness level doesn't really imply a guy who will be healthy enough in his mid to late 30's to chase the record.
    What are you talking about. he's not Boomer. Hes just big and strong. I don't know how you can question his fitness. The guy works out hard.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

What are you talking about. he's not Boomer. Hes just big and strong. I don't know how you can question his fitness. The guy works out hard.

wow......are you kidding me? I'm not the first person to imply that Dunn is a bit chubby.....you, on the other hand, are the first person that I've ever seen/heard to imply the opposite.

Ryan Howard would have had a shot if he had been called up to the bigs at a normal age. This is just his second full year and he is already 28 years old, which is a year older than Dunn. Howard is the best home run hitter in the league right now in my opinion.

Guys like Prince Fielder and Miguel Cabrera might also have a chance. Cabrera has 131 homers already and he is only 24 years old. Most players don't approach their peak for power until age 27 or 28. Fielder is only 23 and is leading the league in home runs.

I think Dunn will reach 500 easily. He has a good shot at 600. I think 756 is within the realm of possibility but not at all likely. It depends on what ballparks he ends up in after leaving the Reds. Some parks are much more difficult to hit home runs.

One thing that makes Bonds' record even more impressive is that he did it as a Giant. Their ballpark is the toughest in the majors in which to hit home runs (at least it was a couple years ago). Imagine how many he would get in a hitters park.

Honestly I would love seeing Fielder do it. His weight is a huge factor though. Something about him being fat and having that powerful quick swing i love. Not to mention he plays a easy position on your body.

wow......are you kidding me? I'm not the first person to imply that Dunn is a bit chubby.....you, on the other hand, are the first person that I've ever seen/heard to imply the opposite.
    Dont be a Dunn basher.

There are some people on this board that say todd coffey isnt over weight.

We all know you HATE Dunn, but you dont need to bash him in every thread that mentions his name

You know the three big Dunn-bashers on Redszone are just haters when they even try to criticize Adam's home run power.

There have been numerous articles that have talked about how hard Dunn works out. There was a Jay Bruce article where he commented how hard it was to keep up with Dunn in the weight room. But I'm guessing the naked eye can see that Dunn is obviously way too fat.

Dont be a Dunn basher.

There are some people on this board that say todd coffey isnt over weight.
    Coffey has lost a ton of weight. If I remember he was once over 300 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post

You know the three big Dunn-bashers on Redszone are just haters when they even try to criticize Adam's home run power.
    Where did i criticize his home run power? I said its just going to last due to his swing. Im not the only one that is saying that either. A big looping swing like dunns while makes a bunch of power doesn normally have the same effect as a guy gets older. As they get older and slower the bat gets slower and players start to miss more balls.

Coffey has lost a ton of weight. If I remember he was once over 300 pounds.
    Ok and? He is overweight just because he lost weight doesnt mean hes not still overweight.

Ok and? He is overweight just because he lost weight doesnt mean hes not still overweight.
    I never said he wasnt overweight. Just saying he's lost a lot of weight which is really good to see.

There have been numerous articles that have talked about how hard Dunn works out. There was a Jay Bruce article where he commented how hard it was to keep up with Dunn in the weight room. But I'm guessing the naked eye can see that Dunn is obviously way too fat.
    Since when does working out mean you are in great shape? Hes a big tall man of course its going to be hard to keep up with him in the weight room. You guys take every thing we say about Dunn and turn it into how we are so negative yet you guys want to say how its a positive. Seriously. Whats next you gonna tell me hes one of the fastest guys on the feild? Or wait your going to word it like "ive read adam dunn has been working on his speed, no one works harder than dunn"

Turn Off Ads?