Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dunn rated 3rd most likely to break Bonds Record

Re: Dunn rated 3rd most likely to break Bonds Record

Another thread ruined by Muggerd.

Muggerd, you need to stop criticizing people so often. Just state your opinion and move on.

I wasn't referring to your posts in any of my posts, nor will I in the future unless you ever say something worthwhile to respond to.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    How on earth did you get that it sounded like I said at 30? This is talk about him becoming the home run king, that by it self implies its a talk about late in his career.

You guys kill me some times with your total misunderstanding of simple concepts.

I know its an internet forum so conversations can be hard to understand sometimes and stuff can be misunderstood so please dont be so quick to take every word as its extreme and run with it.
    Then why would you say something that is common practice. Everyone not named Bonds start to decline when they get to their late 30's
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Don't thank me before I have a chance to prove you wrong. It comes across as being extremely sarcastic, and I believe that's against the rules of the board...............................

Need proof he's not in the greatest physical condition? It's in the numbers.

Dunn by the month HR/AVG/OBP

April 43/.278/.428
    May 43/.230/.367
    June 44/.259/.378
    July 37/.279/.407
    Aug. 41/.224/.343
    Sep. 16/.211/.346

And fwiw, he's only had 32 less September AB's than April....

I'm pretty sure you can see an obvious trend here. Over the last 2 months of the season he has his 2 worst BA and OBP months, and two of his three worst HR months. Now, he's from Texas, so I don't really think we can use the intense Cincinnati heat as an excuse, so what is it? C O N D I T I O N I N G................

He's the baseball equivelant of an offensive lineman not being able to hold his blocks in the fourth quarter.
    Conditioning and being overweight or pudgy are totally different things.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Quote Originally Posted by mound_patrol View Post
    Then why would you say something that is common practice. Everyone not named Bonds start to decline when they get to their late 30's
    Man, i said as Dunn ages his swing is going to make his power numbers drop off more drastically. Its not a swing that ages well especially when coupled that with him not being the best hitter to begin with. Ive been saying that since the beginning of the thread. I dont know how you got off on the idea that I said Dunn is going to age faster than everyone else people.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Another thread ruined by Muggerd.

Muggerd, you need to stop criticizing people so often. Just state your opinion and move on.

I wasn't referring to your posts in any of my posts, nor will I in the future unless you ever say something worthwhile to respond to.
    Yes you were

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Dunn by the month HR/AVG/OBP

April 43/.278/.428
    May 43/.230/.367
    June 44/.259/.378
    July 37/.279/.407
    Aug. 41/.224/.343
    Sep. 16/.211/.346
    This seems to indicate the Reds should give Dunn more days off. Maybe if they rested him more than once every other month he would perform better in September. Combine periodic rest with a better off-season conditioning program and maybe Dunn would be even more productive next year.

Real solid thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Real solid thread.
    Solid post.

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    KGJ? He's more likely to have his leg fall off in the on-deck circle than break 755 HRs...

It's A-ROds record to DESTROY, I'm guessing 850 if he wanted too...

PEACE

check that, it's 757 he has to break now, bonds just hit another, lol.
    -BLEEDS

What is it about message boards? One guy says something that goes against the grain of the "regulars" and then everyone just pounces.

Well Adam Dunn IS overweight. How do I know? Because I see better than I hear. And I see pudgy cheeks and a badonkadonk butt and belly on Adam Dunn.

Obviously there will be conditioning issues that go along with this, which were nicely outlined by Redblooded.

And of course his swing will get slower. You don't have to be a Dunn basher to say that.

Dunn works hard I am sure. But anytime you are super laid back and overweight....people are going to think you are lazy. Laid back, overweight, strikes out a ton, and can't field worth a darn. And people think he is lazy? Wow...never saw that coming....
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

"I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    Man, i said as Dunn ages his swing is going to make his power numbers drop off more drastically. Its not a swing that ages well especially when coupled that with him not being the best hitter to begin with. Ive been saying that since the beginning of the thread. I dont know how you got off on the idea that I said Dunn is going to age faster than everyone else people.
    Not so for Barry

I think I'll nip this one in the bud before it gets out of hand.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?