Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Any idea why no Dunn in today's lineup?

  1. #1
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6,053

    Any idea why no Dunn in today's lineup?

    Tomko pitching. Lefties have a .903 OPS against him this year. Obviously may just be a rest day but with the rainout and Monday off it seems like it is an odd choice. Any indication that he has been worn down/ something lingering?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wheelersburg, Ohio
    Posts
    929

    Re: Any idea why no Dunn in today's lineup?

    Mackaninin on the pre-game show said he was just giving Dunn a day off. He didn't ask for one, it was just a manager's decision.

    He went on the say that he needs Keppinger's bat in the line-up as much as possible and was excited about seeing him in the outfield.

  4. #3
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,914

    Re: Any idea why no Dunn in today's lineup?

    Because Mac can't make a decent line up
    Most Vottomatic Player

  5. #4
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6,053

    Re: Any idea why no Dunn in today's lineup?

    Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    Mackaninin on the pre-game show said he was just giving Dunn a day off. He didn't ask for one, it was just a manager's decision.

    He went on the say that he needs Keppinger's bat in the line-up as much as possible and was excited about seeing him in the outfield.
    Thanks for the info.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Amarillo,Texas
    Posts
    4,329

    Re: Any idea why no Dunn in today's lineup?

    With Freel out for the year, Keppinger is the Super-Sub the rest of the year.

  7. #6
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,795

    Re: Any idea why no Dunn in today's lineup?

    If I read the gamelogs correctly, Adam Dunn has been in the starting lineup 50 consecutive games. He has earned his day off. The folks on here that complain every time he is given a day off are the same ones who complain that he is a big man and the club wears him down at the end of the season because they play him every single day. You can't have it both ways.

  8. #7
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6,053

    Re: Any idea why no Dunn in today's lineup?

    Just to be clear, I wasn't complaining about him getting a day off, I just thought the timing was odd given the two days off earlier. Looking at things he is only 3 for 16 against Tomko (with 2 hr) so it isn't as if Dunn owns him. Dunn certainly has earned a day off and with the heat today does make sense,

  9. #8
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,914

    Re: Any idea why no Dunn in today's lineup?

    Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Just to be clear, I wasn't complaining about him getting a day off, I just thought the timing was odd given the two days off earlier. Looking at things he is only 3 for 16 against Tomko (with 2 hr) so it isn't as if Dunn owns him. Dunn certainly has earned a day off and with the heat today does make sense,
    I'm really surprised any of the starters are getting a day off after those two days off in a row.
    Most Vottomatic Player

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,180

    Re: Any idea why no Dunn in today's lineup?

    Good info guys. Until I read the posts on here, I'd just assumed Dunn was missing the game today because it was too close to lunch.

  11. #10
    Member durl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nashvull
    Posts
    1,749

    Re: Any idea why no Dunn in today's lineup?

    Dunn's numbers against Tomko:

    BA: .188 (3 for 16)
    H: 3
    HR: 2
    K: 4
    BB: 5

    The guy could probably use a day off but Dunn is pretty much feast or famine against Tomko. More famine than feast, that's for sure. Still, 3 hits and 2 of them are homers? Wow.

  12. #11
    Member mroby85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: Any idea why no Dunn in today's lineup?

    dunn has been hitting too well lately, and he's being punished, lol.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: Any idea why no Dunn in today's lineup?

    J Kepp is a good hitter, and his baserunning today.. not only scored a run(had he not petitioned for the balk the pitch before they wouldnt have called it), but he also showed he can be a reliable outfield player..

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,075

    Re: Any idea why no Dunn in today's lineup?

    Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    With Freel out for the year, Keppinger is the Super-Sub the rest of the year.
    Except that the "super" part actually applies to Keppinger.

  15. #14
    Gary Redus Ruled
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Albion NY
    Posts
    461

    Re: Any idea why no Dunn in today's lineup?

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If I read the gamelogs correctly, Adam Dunn has been in the starting lineup 50 consecutive games. He has earned his day off. The folks on here that complain every time he is given a day off are the same ones who complain that he is a big man and the club wears him down at the end of the season because they play him every single day. You can't have it both ways.

    Holy Crap 50 straight games?Somewhere Cal Ripken just chuckled.
    Hoping for another Reds October

  16. #15
    Talkin' Baseball
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The 'Nati
    Posts
    278

    Re: Any idea why no Dunn in today's lineup?

    I was at today's game and sat in LF right behind Keppinger. He did a solid job. He has good range and a good arm. He got to balls in the corner well and got his throws in quickly. I wouldn't say he's the next Willie Mays, but he can cover the position.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25