Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady

Re: Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady

I can be a Michigan homer at times, but I'm taking Manning.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    Doug, completion percentage high or low, doesn't make for a good or a bad quarterback. Most of the Hall-of-Fame quarterbacks did not have high completion percentages.

You can't measure the quality of a quarterback with numbers or statistics. It's not possible.

Find some NFL scouts opinions about who's better and you'll find that they will all take Brady in a heartbeat over Manning.
    Yes I can. Its simple. The more passes you put in the right spot, the easier they are to catch. The more you do that, the higher your completion percentage is. I also find it very hard to believe that scouts would take Tom Brady over Peyton Manning, but since you have read this somewhere, I would love for you to link me to it so I can read it.

As for HOF QB's.... please dont get me started on what gets you into the hall of fame. If you were the best player ever and played on bad teams you werent going to get some votes, but if you were merely a very good player on real good teams, you got votes you shouldnt. Players should go into the Hall of Fame (in all sports mind you, not just football) based on their own merit. Winning a SB should have nothing to do with your merits in the HOF, but it does somehow and I never understood that. No 1 player has ever won or lost a SB by themself (ask Big Ben and his 34 passer rating in SB 40).

Tom Brady is maybe the 3rd best QB in the league right now behind Peyton and Carson. There is little doubt in my mind about that one.

You guys that are saying Carson Palmer do you really believe that he's better than Peyton Manning or are you simply being homers?

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    You guys that are saying Carson Palmer do you really believe that he's better than Peyton Manning or are you simply being homers?
    I would take Tom Brady over Carson Palmer. At least to this point in their careers.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

For those of you who live in the Cincinnati area, you have an NFL scout with the name of Greg Seamon. I've never read anything the guy has said before, but I'm sure you could somehow find him and ask him his opinion on this. I'd wager a $50 donation to REDSZONE, that he'd take Brady over Manning, and won't say, I'll have to think about that.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    Well, I think Carson will be better this year than Peyton will be. If we are going to take careers however, obviously Peyton has been better.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    The more passes you put in the right spot, the easier they are to catch.

Going by that alone, Tom Brady is far superior to Manning in that area of talent.

Again, completion percentage is a measure not of the QB, but of many other factors combined. Throwing to Reche Caldwell instead of Marvin Harrison is quite a bit different. Or, throwing to Daniel Graham instead of Brandon Stokely is also quite a bit different.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

For those of you who live in the Cincinnati area, you have an NFL scout with the name of Greg Seamon. I've never read anything the guy has said before, but I'm sure you could somehow find him and ask him his opinion on this. I'd wager a $50 donation to REDSZONE, that he'd take Brady over Manning, and won't say, I'll have to think about that.
    So you have never heard a scout say they would take Brady over Manning? You are just assuming it would be said now?

Going by that alone, Tom Brady is far superior to Manning in that area of talent.

Again, completion percentage is a measure not of the QB, but of many other factors combined. Throwing to Reche Caldwell instead of Marvin Harrison is quite a bit different. Or, throwing to Daniel Graham instead of Brandon Stokely is also quite a bit different.
    Isn't it interesting that no matter who the Colts plug in, they seem to be very good recievers? Think maybe there is something more to that than 'they just have good recievers'? Maybe because Peyton places the ball perfectly at times?

When it's all said and done, I think almost everyone will agree that Peyton Manning was the best quarterback of all-time. Today, I'd say Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady. However, if my expansion team were in a draft and got to choose between Manning, Brady, and Palmer, I'd go with Palmer.
    Last edited by camisadelgolf; 08-09-2007 at 04:29 PM. Reason: typo; changed 'saw' to 'say'

Without that idiot Coleman we'd be saying "Tom Who?".

Peyton without thinking twice.

Peyton is a much better actor and was way better on SNL.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Here's a thought, maybe Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Brandon Stokely wouldn't have been as good without Peyton Manning throwing them the ball. If Manning was throwing to Reche Caldwell and Daniel Graham their numbers might suddenly look better.

Tom Brady is good but Peyton is probably going down as the greatest quarterback ever. Peyton hands down over Tom and Carson, not even close.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Tom Brady is good but Peyton is probably going down as the greatest quarterback ever. Peyton hands down over Tom and Carson, not even close.
    Yes it is close. I agree that Peyton is the best QB right now (and may very well go down as the best of all time), but to say "hands down" and "not even close" is simple hyperbole, and not accurate at all.

Turn Off Ads?