Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bengals v. Lions Pre-Season

Re: Bengals v. Lions Pre-Season

I really couldn't care less about a win tonight, but I am getting real tired of watching Shayne Graham choke at the end of a game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    i told my brother we would be winning until the last 5 minutes of the game---same ol same ol
    Except the regulars didn't play beyond the 1st quarter. They dominated when they were in.

The Bengals went 4-0 last preseason. We all know how that turned out. Preseason records mean less than squat.

I'm not going to panic because the Lions' 3rd stringers beat the Bengals' 3rd stringers.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Except the regulars didn't play beyond the 1st quarter. They dominated when they were in.

The Bengals went 4-0 last preseason. We all know how that turned out. Preseason records mean less than squat.

I'm not going to panic because the Lions' 3rd stringers beat the Bengals' 3rd stringers.
    It has just become such a conditioned response as a Bengals fan to see games end in such a manner...

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    It has just become such a conditioned response as a Bengals fan to see games end in such a manner...
    Oh I know. I lived through the 90's as well.

No matter how talented this team gets, the memories of finding new ways to throw away games never goes away.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Has Shayne Graham made a clutch kick in his life?
    Remember that one against Denver last year

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Oh I know. I lived through the 90's as well.

No matter how talented this team gets, the memories of finding new ways to throw away games never goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Looks like that Rowe kid could grow into an excellent back-up.
    He did several things I liked, but it is so hard to make any judgments about third stringers during the closing minutes of the first game.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Lance's Blog, has a quote from Marvin saying that Kenny Irons' knee injury appears to be significant.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Has Shayne Graham made a clutch kick in his life?
    Yes he has. In 2005 at Cleveland, the game was tied up at 20-20. As time expired, Shayne kicked a game winning FG to move us closer to the AFCN division title.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Lance's Blog, has a quote from Marvin saying that Kenny Irons' knee injury appears to be significant.

That's not good. This team already has way too many guys injured. They can't afford many more, especially on the defensive side.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post

That's not good. This team already has way too many guys injured. They can't afford many more, especially on the defensive side.
    You do realize that Irons plays offense not defense, right?

I hope Irons isn't out for the year, hopefully it is a hyperextention and not a tear.

The 1st team offense looked good.

Defense was just a cover two with basic schemes so there wasn't much to tell.

Ndukwe looks like a good hitter but is poor in coverage. He blew the coverage on the over the top pass.

I like what I see out of the new DB's.

If the bengals can get past the first 8 games of the season they are going to get a huge boost when henry comes back.

Kenny Irons is done for the season after tearing his ACL in his left knee.

Irons shelved for season
    By GEOFF HOBSON
    August 10, 2007

12:35 p.m.

The Bengals' worst fears were realized Friday when an MRI revealed that rookie running back Kenny Irons is lost for the season with a tear of his anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, extending a horrifying streak of bad luck when it comes to their running backs that began with a similar injury to Ickey Woods in 1989.

The club said in a news release that a full recovery is expected and that Irons should be ready to participate in next spring's workouts.

Irons, a second-rounder out of Auburn, had been one of the stars of the preseason in jetting to 64 yards on 10 carries in last week's intrasquad scrimmage. And flashing perimeter speed they thought would be just the right complement to Rudi Johnson's inside game, Irons had just ripped off an 11-yard gain in Thursday's preseason opener in Detroit before getting hurt on his fourth carry of the game. At the end of that seven-yard run, Irons limped off the field.

The irony of Irons' situation is chilling. In a 1995 preseason game in Detroit against the Lions, running back Ki-Jana Carter, the NFL's overall No. 1 draft pick, tore his ACL on the third carry of his career.

The Bengals drafted Irons to give them what 2004 first-rounder Chris Perry hasn't been able to give them because of his own injury problems. Perry hasn't been on campus at Georgetown College as he rehabs from ankle surgery and plans to start his second straight season on the physically unable to perform list. The PUP takes him out of practice for the first five games and six weeks of the regular-season. In 2005, his one healthy season, he averaged 4.6 yards per carry and nearly broke the club record for catches by a running back with 51. But he has played in only 22 games of a possible 49.
    http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6185

Just horrible news about Irons. He looked really good in the preseason and would have really helped this team. They lose Irons on his 4th carry on the first preseason game. Reminds me of when they lost Ki-Jana Carter on his 3rd carry in his first preseason game which also happened in Detroit. Bengals are without Irons for the year and they already know Chris Perry won't be back until at least week 6. This team has the worst luck with the health of running backs they draft.

explode::runawaycr

Turn Off Ads?